Must I change this limb?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

j.krug

Re: Must I change this limb?

Post by j.krug »

newbie wrote:
robertyb wrote:Actually that appears to be glue separation on a limb tip which is pretty normal. Does not hurt anything. And the string is fine also.

All the newer guys think the sky is falling for some reason. Send it in and they will replace it but I do not think it really needs it.
I dissagree. the crack that runs same direction to the tip does not look normal. I would be sending that in.
I totally agree with your disagreement! That don't look right. :wink:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

Definitely I would be scared to shoot it with the crack running up the limb tip. That is not normal. Be careful even taking the string off. That limb tip comes off from the extra force required to get string off would make me very nervous. Make sure you have your foot firmly in the foot stirrup in case it lets go. Excalibur will make it right for you. Good luck.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Every time a new person ask's a question about a possible issue with their bows, especially if they have a low number of posts :shock: :roll:

Lately, all He!! seems to break loose with everyone wanting to immediately see pictures to confirm...( Now, I can neither confirm nor deny that this is one of Joe's further attemps? But I think we are all "Joe Shocked" at this point ) especially if limbs are mentioned. I like Excals and praise them all the time but will not get up on a soap box to defend every issue that arrises..

The great people in customer service have proven very willing to take care of warrenty issues if they do indeed exist, as well as set one's mind at ease, if something is a Non-issue. I suggest we allow them to do their job.

Looking at this members avatar it appears he's from France...
I feel in his circumstances with shipping costs and the time element envolved, his pictures "up front" to help in determing if he indeed has an issue are reasonable .... Especially since some here are "Excal Experts" and IMO quite capeable in helping in a situation like his.

I took his question as an honest one, and gave an honest reply with my limited knowledge... That being to contact Excal. show them the pictures and let them do their job.

I see no, or very little reason to bash someone for their questions when comming here for advise and help. Especially when suppyling pictures to back-up their question.

Well there went my last $.02 again and now I'm back to being "Broke" till pay day. :roll:

Gene
Last edited by L. E. Carroll on Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

"I took his question as an honest one......................

I see no, or very little reason to bash someone for their questions when coming here for advice and help. Especially when supplying pictures to back-up their question. "

Well said, my friend.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Big John

Post by Big John »

I would have it looked at by email pictures from Excal first.

Gene:
Because someone posts a location, does not mean they are even close to there. :wink:
That is how a lot of "Joe" alias' come in from.
And newbies believe it's not him, he doesn't live there. But you or he can post anything!

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Big John

Post by Big John »

As a sample, I posted in my signature that I'm from New Hampshire, I'm in Niagara Region! I could put up Germany if I wanted! :shock:

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Point taken John, but with all of the Joe stuff going on and the fact that in this issue pictures were provided I did give the poster the benefit of the doubt... Maybe my BAD ? :roll:

Had it been your post and I did not know you, I would have given you that same benefit of the doubt .

Gene :D :wink:
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Big John

Post by Big John »

Agreed. That's why I informed him to send details and pics to Excal. Have it confirmed before shipping.

Big John

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
farm3rbrian

Post by farm3rbrian »

Gene since you are now broke, let me add my two cents worth and join you. I tend to shy away from posters(pictures or not) who come to this incredible open forum and keep raising the same "limb" issues while referring to other bow manufacturers before they even attempt to contact Excal. One of my first posts referrred to an issue with the handbook and video supplied with my Grizzly that had no relevant information for that model. However, I did contact Excalibur about this and made that clear when I posted my comments. If all of the "limb issue" posters did the same thing, I would be inclined to take them more seriously.Big John is very on point with his observations as I see it
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them. (My Mother)
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

This is an example of how one terrorist can strike fear in an entire country.
This "Joe" guy is being given way to much attention and credit in my opinion.
We are allowing his lack of intelligence to dictate how we react to a simple question posted by an obviously concerned and very trusting customer.
This is the type of over reaction that while well intended can scare other Excalibur customers away from this site more so than the obvious sabotage that this "Joe" character exhibits...I think the last message we need to send here is that we are all predators waiting to pounce on anyone coming here asking a simple question. Asking a question on a public forum is intimidating enough for many people without the added fear of being humiliated. JMO.
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger
fratri

Post by fratri »

Michiganhunter wrote:This is an example of how one terrorist can strike fear in an entire country.
We are allowing his lack of intelligence to dictate how we react to a simple question posted by an obviously concerned and very trusting customer.
This is the type of over reaction that while well intended can scare other Excalibur customers away from this site more so than the obvious sabotage that this "Joe" character exhibits...I think the last message we need to send here is that we are all predators waiting to pounce on anyone coming here asking a simple question. Asking a question on a public forum is intimidating enough for many people without the added fear of being humiliated. JMO.
X2. with so many experienced excel owners it just seems like the right place to ask a question. If one feels they can't ask a question, this forum isn't as good as I thought.
"Everthing is easy when you know how"
"Food is not grown in stores"
Fratri
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

how can you call this a open forum? a guy has a limb problem and a few of you in your click bust his chops.would you settle for a custom stock with cracked split limbs on it ?..i have been through matrix limb problem = they send you another set of low grade limbs..myself ill shoot one of bills exomax bows & for speed Mission mxb 400..(you fellas should start a quilting club)
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Well, maybe we are a little shell shocked with the Joe drama. Having said that, wouldn't it be a breath of fresh air if a newbie with his first post introduce himself and just settle into the forum instead of for lack of a better word dumping a problem on us. Just a hello I am so and so from here or there and I am new to the sport and I have a question. It is true Joe did impact the way I look at first posts but would it not be great to get to know the person instead of feeling like the door mat and wondering if it is just Joe grinding heels into it?
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

fratri wrote:
Michiganhunter wrote:This is an example of how one terrorist can strike fear in an entire country.
X2. with so many experienced excel owners it just seems like the right place to ask a question. If one feels they can't ask a question, this forum isn't as good as I thought.
Couldn't agree more with both of these statements. The op had a clear picture of his problem and no mention of another bow company.
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

The text in that pic is in French, so im inclined to believe his where-a-bouts.
Last edited by one shot scott on Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-