Nightmare

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mo-hunter

Nightmare

Post by Mo-hunter »

Do all of the limbs on the nightmare 335 have the textured finish or are some of them solid black? In the picture, it looks solid black to me. Just wondering why some of you purchased the nightmare instead of the camo model. The camo seems to be more practical for hunting (which is what I want one for), but I think I like the looks of the nightmare more.
Thanks
Dave
hankenhunter

Re: Nightmare

Post by hankenhunter »

Many use the black cammo for use inside ground blinds.
Hank
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Mo-hunter wrote:Do all of the limbs on the nightmare 335 have the textured finish or are some of them solid black? In the picture, it looks solid black to me. Just wondering why some of you purchased the nightmare instead of the camo model. The camo seems to be more practical for hunting (which is what I want one for), but I think I like the looks of the nightmare more.
Thanks
Dave
You should just get both! :lol: :lol:
I had the camo version, and from all I have read about the two, the Nightmare models are about 4-7 FPS faster. The Camo model is an overachiever too, and nets about 3-6 FPS over the stated FPS rating. Win / Win :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

The buck in my Avatar didn't see my black limbs... LOL

For ground hunting I agree camo limbs help. In a tree I don't think it matters. This is my justification for owning one of each... :)

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

Black or camo makes no difference to the deer. It just what you like. Looks only.
Darz Bór!
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

All of the black Nightmare limbs do have an almost textured black finish.. I don't think it's intentional but rather just a black finish on the raw glass whereas the camo versions are a dip over the finish.. Is the black a dip finish, I don't know but it does not distract from the the bow at all and does not look bad either..

Both the black and the camo bows are attractive in their own rite and it's really a matter of personal flavor...

Ed
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger