Meat grinders

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Waif

Re: Meat grinders

Post by Waif »

IronNoggin wrote:
Waif wrote:...While not real familiar with failure rates ,after many reviews over the course of my research into grinders ,a Cabala's model burning up I've not seen any mention of.
Very Rare I would think!
That said we cooked one of the same units Boo had - my Partner ran a 130 grain Nosler Partition through it by accident! :shock:
Killed the gears! :cry:
paulaboutform wrote:...Hopefully Ironoggin chimes in. From what I recall he had a beast of a grinder.
You get what you pay for with these things.
My Partner and I have gone through at least 6 or 7 now. Finally had enough (we generally run ~ 400 lbs+ each winter) and decided to get a "Laster".

Went with Cabelas One Horse Commercial (stainless gears) models.
Damn TOUGH!

It is a Monster! Has not even slowed whatsoever with anything we've tossed at it. Now with well over 1,000 lbs under it's belt, methinks it is safe to say we found the one that will be sticking around! :wink:

Good Luck Boo! Drop the dime for a GOOD one now, or run through a handful of so-so ones on your journey there. Either way you'll end up with a higher end model eventually... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog

Ouch!
Normally , construction in a bullet resulting in a great base retention is beneficial. :lol:
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.