Black Eagle Executioner

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Re: Black Eagle Executioner

Post by paulaboutform »

Definitely the flat plastic nocks. Either 110 grain or 92gr brass inserts and your choice of point weight. Helical is preferred over offset. I've tested them side by side and found a moderate difference with field points but a HUGE difference with fixed broadheads. As good as the blazers are I can tell you that Flex Fletch is FAR superior. The SK200 have left me extremely impressed. When I competed seriously in 3D at a national level all I shot was Flex Fletch. I strongly recommend using the Arizona Rim E-Z Fletch Bolt. It gives you the most helical and allows you to replace one or two vanes that are damaged. The other jigs (and I have a lot of them) are much more difficult to orient perfectly.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I guess I'm one of the few people that love aluminum nocks because I always ditch the plastic ones, but if you can afford it buy a couple of aluminocks there a must now on mine and my wife's hunting setups. Its so much easier seeing the arrow hit and then recovering the arrow after the shot. I usually keep at 2 loaded in both of oue quivers during hunting season. I haven't any of the other vanes I've had great accuracy from the 2 inch Blazers with all types of broadheads. You have great advice on the right helical, this works great for me.

Good luck you have a lot of decisions to make.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Browntown274

Post by Browntown274 »

Thanks for all the wealth of info you guys are willing to provide. I enden up going with a dozen with 92g inserts, RH blazer vanes, and plastic flat nock. I told him to put what he felt was the best setback for my bow. In the next few months I will order a Arizona fletch and start tinkering with building my own.
Matrix 350 LE
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

sounds like Jerry set you up good . that fletching jig will last you many years. and will pay for it'self in time . good luck.
W.M.
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Servicexnc wrote:This is my photo from last week of what was Black Eagle Wharf, showing the new development.

DB.
Joe you get your meds mixed up again or you mixin them with vodka again.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Black Eagle aluminum nocks have a radius machined on the butt of the nocks, I love them.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!