Micro 335 bolt suggestions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ihunt

Micro 335 bolt suggestions

Post by ihunt »

Probably one of the most asked question from new members is:

What arrow/bolt recommendations do you suggest for my crossbow for Deer hunting? I am looking at the illuminated Lumenok inserted Quill Carbon Arrows from Excalibur. What are your suggestions. I'm interested in reading what you folks use and like.

Thanks
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: Micro 335 bolt suggestions

Post by Doe Master »

I use a normal quill combo from my 335 . All I did to personalize it was add wraps . Still the same quill underneath . :)
I use the 100 grain X-acts .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Doe Master wrote:I use a normal quill combo from my 335 . All I did to personalize it was add wraps . Still the same quill underneath . :)
OK silly question what's 'add wraps'? :oops: :D
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

ihunt wrote:
Doe Master wrote:I use a normal quill combo from my 335 . All I did to personalize it was add wraps . Still the same quill underneath . :)
OK silly question what's 'add wraps'? :oops: :D
Arrow wraps let you add a little personal touch to your arrows. 8)
Google One stringer arrow wraps & enjoy!!
To your question check out Wyvern's Creations website and click on Excalibur and you will see a nice package of arrow's for the micro. Also check out South shore archery and Woody's sporting goods. You can also call the Excalibur guru Danny Miller with Horizontal archery...i don't have his number but someone will chime in with it.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Mb85

Post by Mb85 »

I've been shooting stock quills with 125 grain heads and found they shoot where I put the crosshairs every time, haven't been hunting with it yet but got some 125 Killzone heads that shoot exactly the same
Rather-B-Huntin

Post by Rather-B-Huntin »

I shoot 18" (state law here) BEE's, 3" right offset fletch, 110 gr brass inserts, and 125 gr heads. Field points and Muzzy 125 shoot same POI.
THE HUNTER'S ZONE
Best Deals on Excalibur Crossbows and Accessories in the Eastern USA!!! Check us out on Facebook!
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Nothing wrong with the people named . But we have a resident arrow builder here in Ontario . Who can craft up some nice looking arrows . Big John :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Some good suggestions being replied.
Love the wraps but won't it change the arrows performance ex: weight, balance etc?
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I have found that my Micro does better with a very stuif arrow, like a Black Eagle Archery Zombie Slayer, or A Gold Tip Nitro Pro. The Nitro's are heavier and I like them for elk-sized and bigger game. ZSs are perfect for deer sized game. I cut mine 16" (I feel anything in the 15" to 16" range would be fine). Two reasons, 1 - I like to keep the BH within the stirrup and 2 - a shorter arrow is also a bit stiffer. I like a high percentage FOC (forward of center) arrow, so I use 110 gr brass inserts and 125 gr heads. I like fixed blade broadheads and in particular use the RamCat BH. It is the best flying BH I have found and hits very very hard (see my post on a recent bison hunt using my Micro). Using fixed blades means I need some good steering on the arrow so I use 2" fletchings (vanes or feathers - mostly feathers) put on with a strong right hand helical fletch. I don't like the small wires that stick out of the Lumenock (although many on here use them with no issues) so I use Nu-Fletch Igniters. They are easy to use and easy to turn off.

Welcome and enjoy your new addiction :D There is lots to learn so feel free to fire in the questions...
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Thanks for everyone input, appreciated.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Stock 16.5 Quills shoot very good out of my Micro 335..I had BORKHOLDER ARCHERY make me GT BALLISTIC 18 inch arrows with 110 gr brass inserts and 100 gr heads with 2 inch vanes..I put Lumenock lighted nock and it works fine in red color...Both arrows shoot fine but 18 inch shoot better at 50 yards than the 16.5 quills but i never shoot over 35 yds on buck..
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

sproulman wrote:Stock 16.5 Quills shoot very good out of my Micro 335..I had BORKHOLDER ARCHERY make me GT BALLISTIC 18 inch arrows with 110 gr brass inserts and 100 gr heads with 2 inch vanes..I put Lumenock lighted nock and it works fine in red color...Both arrows shoot fine but 18 inch shoot better at 50 yards than the 16.5 quills but i never shoot over 35 yds on buck..
Thanks
18 inch will have to check that out.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I used 15" Black Eagle Zombie Slayer's, lights out inside 50 yards with 2.1" Fusion Q2i vanes, 100 grain heads. Depends on what you want, and the details in getting them right the way you need them. South Shore Archery, David from Wyvern's Creations, Big John from here, and a few other folks can get you some great arrows that will perform every time.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Like others I couldn't get as good a results even at 16" with the BEE arrows, I had instant success when I tried Spynal Tapps, as soon as I went to the stiffer shafts! Zombies are great, and the same spine, in Canada I have never herd complaints about Big Johns arrows, plus he knows what works in these bows :wink: .
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Wow lots of things to consider more suggestions than I thought. :o
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers