trigger upgrade

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcat

trigger upgrade

Post by bobcat »

looking to maybe upgrade or tweek my micro 335 trigger. any recommendations? sometimes the stock trigger is crisp with little creep other ties its a bit on the iffy side. i can shoot 2in groups at 50 all day long from a rest with my stock quills but haveto be very conscious of the trigger. off hand shooting is where it gets me.
Roadrunnr72

Re: trigger upgrade

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

Have you tried to squeeze the trigger with the safety on, to take the creep out, then off with the safety and shoot? I know that if I do this with both of my bows, the trigger is much better. Was thinking about trying a trigger tech on my M380, but after playing with an the trigger like I suggest, I think I'll keep my factory trigger.

RR
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Two good options. First, a replacement trigger from Trigger Tech. A great trigger, period! Second, get forum member "Boo" to do a trigger job on the factory trigger. Its less money and you wont think its the same trigger. Both these are top notch triggers , a big upgrade, and you will be very happy with the end results. Hope this helps. ( Trigger Tech and Boocustomstrings both have web sites)

Post by newbie »

flightattendant100 wrote:Two good options. First, a replacement trigger from Trigger Tech. A great trigger, period! Second, get forum member "Boo" to do a trigger job on the factory trigger. Its less money and you wont think its the same trigger. Both these are top notch triggers , a big upgrade, and you will be very happy with the end results. Hope this helps. ( Trigger Tech and Boocustomstrings both have web sites)
Your second option is not an option on draw weights above the 355.... I would go with option 1 or contact excalibur see if they can help.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I just put a tt on my new vixen 2 . Huge difference .they went up in price like $150 now .very worth it the turkeys are gonna hate it im pretty sure .
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
bobcat

Post by bobcat »

ok thanks guys. sounds like i got 2 options. appreciate the help.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

newbie wrote:
flightattendant100 wrote:Two good options. First, a replacement trigger from Trigger Tech. A great trigger, period! Second, get forum member "Boo" to do a trigger job on the factory trigger. Its less money and you wont think its the same trigger. Both these are top notch triggers , a big upgrade, and you will be very happy with the end results. Hope this helps. ( Trigger Tech and Boocustomstrings both have web sites)
Your second option is not an option on draw weights above the 355.... I would go with option 1 or contact excalibur see if they can help.
Boo put an awesome trigger on my Matrix 380 a couple of years ago as good as the TT.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads

Post by newbie »

you are correct i meant above the 380
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Roadrunnr72 wrote:Have you tried to squeeze the trigger with the safety on, to take the creep out, then off with the safety and shoot? I know that if I do this with both of my bows, the trigger is much better. Was thinking about trying a trigger tech on my M380, but after playing with an the trigger like I suggest, I think I'll keep my factory trigger.

RR
I used to do the very same thing as you do. I then bought a TT and replaced the factory trigger with it. Then I took the factory trigger apart and after looking at it closely, I realized it was very unsafe practice that I did with the factory trigger.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

NEPAbowhunter wrote:
Roadrunnr72 wrote:Have you tried to squeeze the trigger with the safety on, to take the creep out, then off with the safety and shoot? I know that if I do this with both of my bows, the trigger is much better. Was thinking about trying a trigger tech on my M380, but after playing with an the trigger like I suggest, I think I'll keep my factory trigger.

RR
I used to do the very same thing as you do. I then bought a TT and replaced the factory trigger with it. Then I took the factory trigger apart and after looking at it closely, I realized it was very unsafe practice that I did with the factory trigger.
Glad someone else said it first, that is not a safe practice.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits