Bulldog 400 Review Pics Added

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

typical10

Re: Bulldog 400 Review

Post by typical10 »

bgarchery wrote:Firstly, Jeff, thank you for the purchase, we're always glad to help!
We've shot and sold quite a few Dogs at this point, as with any crossbow we have ever sold, regardless of brand, guys always have an opinion on the trigger. Some thumbs up, some thumbs down, some don't care either way. We installed a trigger tech on a Bulldog earlier today for a customer. I think the hardware was somewhat improved, and installation was pretty simple. I think with Linkage triggers you will always feel a little something "extra," but of course the TT was smooth and light.
As far as we can tell customers are absolutely loving this bow, sounds like people on this thread agree.
I for one was very happy with it right out of the box, but can't argue with anyone getting a Trigger Tech trigger either.
Happy Shooting!
Your welcome, always great service from Woody's. I like the bow, don't get me wrong, I have made two modifications that now has made this bow
bad a$$ quickly, I put a trigger tech on it and took the extension to my shop and attached the 1" and 1/2" together, blended them as one and it fit my liking perfectly. Believe this or not I have not adjusted the scope vertical or horizontaly, the speed ring is set and out to 50yards it is spot on.
Riflemanz

Re: Bulldog 400 Review Pics Added

Post by Riflemanz »

Congrats on the new bow! Let us know how you like that scope? Very nice to have a TT trigger installed!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

Great job on that stock extension! :shock:

Like I mentioned earlier, I also feel like I could use a little more stock length beyond the 1" extension I added.

Got any pictures of the build process??
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
tomcat

Post by tomcat »

longbow joe wrote:Why cant they put an a + trigger on a high end bow like this when the competitors have tts already.Im sure even if it cost a little more we would pay it who wants to have to modify a new thousand +dollar bow
With these kinds of weights( 200# +) It's Pretty tough to get any kind of "lasting" trigger feel with enough engagement to keep from wearing and becoming dangerous.

IMHO the long limbed <225# bows had fantastic triggers.
You guy's that wanted shorter/high # bows have to pay the price and buy an aftermarket trigger.
This way you can't go after Excal (or TT really) because you tampered with it:)

Long live the long limbs!
Matrix 405/Vixen stock -XB 30
Matrix 380/Vixen stock - XB 30
Offspring-XB1
Maxpoint- XB1
Boo

Post by Boo »

glumshoe wrote:
tomcat wrote:
longbow joe wrote:Why cant they put an a + trigger on a high end bow like this when the competitors have tts already.Im sure even if it cost a little more we would pay it who wants to have to modify a new thousand +dollar bow
With these kinds of weights( 200# +) It's Pretty tough to get any kind of "lasting" trigger feel with enough engagement to keep from wearing and becoming dangerous.

IMHO the long limbed <225# bows had fantastic triggers.
You guy's that wanted shorter/high # bows have to pay the price and buy an aftermarket trigger.
This way you can't go after Excal (or TT really) because you tampered with it:)

Long live the long limbs!
So why are short high poundage bows needed the 36" 200-225 was all that WAS needed ,trigger replacement now with costly trigger and the iron dependable bow is NO=MORE.Makes no sense too me at all,275-350 fps is all that we need.
Joe, your post is not clear, it reads like gooblygook. Please explain more clearly what you're trying to say or ask.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boo

Post by Boo »

glumshoe wrote:So why are short high poundage bows needed the 36" 200-225 was all that WAS needed ,trigger replacement now with costly trigger and the iron dependable bow is NO=MORE.Makes no sense too me at all,275-350 fps is all that we need.
Joe, your post is not clear, it reads like gooblygook. Please explain more clearly what you're trying to say or ask.[/quote]

Just get over your smart remarks and belittling remarks ,the post read fine too me ....no need to make fun how a person writes a sentence I don't understand the why some people have to down others if they are a little different than the rest ,like School kids and bully's.

VICKY[/quote]
Of course it reads fine to you, you wrote it. Maybe that's girl talk but I sure am not 100% clear about what you're trying to ask or say. No bullying here Vickyjoe!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

FYI - TT is going to make a BullDog specific trigger - in the next 4-6 months. The existing TT will work but you will have creep.
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

Hunt it wrote:FYI - TT is going to make a BullDog specific trigger - in the next 4-6 months. The existing TT will work but you will have creep.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you hear that and how solid is that information?

The reason I ask is that I not only have a new Bulldog, but I also have a new Trigger Tech in the box that I haven't installed yet.
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

No problem, That info came from Frank from TT, I met and talked to him this past Saturday. They are very busy but working on it, 4-6 months he predicted.
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

Yup, I just email exchanged with Frank and he said the same, with one qualifier.

He said they had not made the decision to move forward with this yet and are evaluating the potential volume vs. a new design effort/process.
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

Mine will come today with the trigger tech and air brakes. I will let everyone know
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

mchurch wrote:Mine will come today with the trigger tech and air brakes. I will let everyone know
Although you won't be able to compare to the stock one, I'd be interested to get your opinion.

Jeff seems to like his TT over the stock BD trigger.
typical10

Post by typical10 »

I did install a TT, and it is perfect, no creep, very content, jeff~
Treed-n-Caledon

Post by Treed-n-Caledon »

typical10 wrote:
........I have made two modifications that now has made this bow
bad a$$ quickly, I put a trigger tech on it and took the extension to my shop and attached the 1" and 1/2" together, blended them as one and it fit my liking perfectly. Believe this or not I have not adjusted the scope vertical or horizontaly, the speed ring is set and out to 50yards it is spot on.
Hello Folks...

Long time lurker, first time poster. Glad to be here.

Question for 'typical10';
Could you let us know what brand that butt stock is? I have checked in with places like B.Pro and Sail to try and find an extendtion but (butt) can't seem to find anything that fits with a nice finish. (That looks slick)

At nearly 6'2" I need the trigger and scope a little further out.
Thank you sir.
:)
Bull Dog 400 (hand modified rangefinder mount pending)
Grizzly 305
Lumenoks and heads of all sorts.

Caledon, Ontario, Canada.
typical10

Post by typical10 »

Welcome to the board,I made that one with bulldog extensions that I bought from Woodys. jeff~