ATTN: wmu87 hunters

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

ATTN: wmu87 hunters

Post by one shot scott »

The city of Hamilton is proposing to make some changes that can affect the archers in the area. Here are some links for those interested. I was unaware of the meetings until I read this thread on OOD

http://www.oodmag.com/community/showthr ... n-Hamilton

http://www.sachem.ca/news-story/6389979 ... w-changes/
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Boo

Re: ATTN: wmu87 hunters

Post by Boo »

I'm not 100% but I think Newmarket is like that as well. That sucks!
You guys who hunt there have to get on your politician's case over that before it gets put into stone!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

fur sur! its time to write letters and attend meetings. Its good to see that the OFHA is involved (as indicated in the OOD thread) and D.U as well although to what degree I don't know. I am just passing info along for those in the area who may not frequent the o.o.d site and the post made by goosehound82.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

One of the biggest proposed changes is that instead of the bylaw referring to “firearms,” it would refer to “weapons discharge, which would include anything that could fire a projectile to cause bodily harm or death,”

So would that last quoted section refer to nail guns as well ? Construction crews would love that!
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
Ontario Savage

Post by Ontario Savage »

Absolutely horrible. I feel for the sportsmen in this area. I heard grimsby is next to try and implement no hunting.
For people who live around this area it will affect you as well by pushing more hunters into areas nearby.

I sincerely hope it doesn't go through for the sake of the hunters and sportsmen in Hamilton.
jparchery

Post by jparchery »

What needs to be brought to the politicians and anti hunters attention is when the hunting stops, the deer /vehicle collision rate will climb. They probably will ban hunting in that zone, I really hope not, but I think were outnumbered