Excellent chair for turkey hunting

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nyexhunter

Excellent chair for turkey hunting

Post by nyexhunter »

Just got the new cabelas sale flyer and saw that they have the gobbler lounger on sale for 24.99. Item # 04271802. I highly recommend this as you will sit very low to the ground behind your camo netting set about 3 feet in front of you and you will be extremely comfortable. Patience is one of the most important things when turkey hunting and this chair will help you with that and you will find it easy to maintain stillness.
A chair like this allows me to use one of my best tactics to get a turkey - just relaxing until they decide to show up. You may laugh, however, many hunters will get up and move if a turkey does not show in the first hour of day light. I have shot most of my turkeys in the spring between 10 a.m and noon. If you hear a turkey and it does not come in to your call right away, just wait him out he will eventually show up.
Good luck and always be safe when turkey hunting.
TheBig1

Re: Excellent chair for turkey hunting

Post by TheBig1 »

I liked the chair and sat in it at Cabela's. It was very comfortable but I didn't like how it was slightly reclined. Comfortable because of it being reclined but uncomfortable in my opinion to lean forward and hunt out of. I wish that it had another position to sit straight up.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I have one for 3 yrs now. There is only one thing wrong with it , it's to comfortable . you spend to much time in it you will fall asleep. or maybe I just old. my grand kids like to sit in it when they come to see us. :lol:
W.M.
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Yep, all my buddies with those things wake up and go O $hit there's more decoys than I started with! That followed by three bangs and a story.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I like my home depot bucket with add on swivel lid for the blind.not the most comfortable but with an add on accesory (green bag) i got a crapper too.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

how long can you stay with the bucket full of potty stuff seems like you will cut the hunt real short. and what does your hunten partner say about that? :lol: :lol:
W.M.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Only needed it once or twice thank god.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Normous

Post by Normous »

The same chair also gets used during deer season and we use the same one in snow camo for late season deer and winter coyote hunting.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

Good to hear that others like this as much as I do. I have dozed off on many occasions in this chair. Sleeping while hunting is an underrated tactic, after all, you can't get more still than that. Hunting is supposed to be fun and this has helped me to be more comfortable and also more successful which means more fun.

Best of luck to all and as always be safe.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

W.Miguire wrote:how long can you stay with the bucket full of potty stuff seems like you will cut the hunt real short. and what does your hunten partner say about that? :lol: :lol:
W.M.
What hunting partners, ??????
nobody will hunt with him !!!! :lol: :lol: :roll:

Dave :wink:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

Hunt it wrote:Yep, all my buddies with those things wake up and go O $hit there's more decoys than I started with! That followed by three bangs and a story.

Been there done that!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

it is comfortable...but I cant get my fat arthritic arse out of it. Send for the crane! :(
Ontario Savage

Post by Ontario Savage »

I've got one as well and use it for turkey and coyotes. Love the chair it's great.
Some guys mentioned they don't like that it's reclined back- that's actually what I like about it I use my knee as a rest for the gun or bow and when the yote or turkey pops up you've got your weapon of choice up and ready due to the position you're in...
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I don't have that exact chair but one very similar to it. It gets action during turkey, deer and yote hunts. Super comfy and very light and easy to carry around. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

FYI: Walmart sells Turkey Thug chairs that are exactly like the Cabela's chairs for $20 regular price.

I just bought one and have to say that I was wrong. I didn't like it because it was reclined a little. I didn't realize that you could just scoot your butt back to sit up straight. I'm getting a second one to have.

Chad
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member