BEE .001 or Zombie Slayers?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: BEE .001 or Zombie Slayers?

Post by xcaliber »

Well, here is a brief story of broadhead accuracy. I have a Matrix 330 & 355. I was using the same arrows with both bows, and had them dialed in with 100 grain field points out to 50 yards. I then put Muzzy Heads on the arrows, and at 20 yards, on through the whole range, the 330 was spot on. The 355 was low 1" at 20 / 2" at 30, 4" at 40, and that was that. I did put field points on, and they were again spot on. I advise all hunters to do their final scope adjustments with the heads they plan on using and get past the fact that they did not match field points. I readjust for the field points in the spring if necessary, and again in the late summer with broadheads.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Possum

Post by Possum »

I tried the five Diablo arrow that I had laying around as they are a little stiffer in spine and they were spot on all the way out to 60 yards on my 350 and the 330. My Gold Tips are spot on all the way out to 60 yards on my 330 but the groups start to grow at ranges beyond 20 yards on my 350.
I've now have 2 dozen Spynal Tapps on the way from SSAS. I have confidence that my groups will tighten on my 350 now if I do my part.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Php 4:13
Boo

Post by Boo »

Possum wrote:I tried the five Diablo arrow that I had laying around as they are a little stiffer in spine and they were spot on all the way out to 60 yards on my 350 and the 330. My Gold Tips are spot on all the way out to 60 yards on my 330 but the groups start to grow at ranges beyond 20 yards on my 350.
I've now have 2 dozen Spynal Tapps on the way from SSAS. I have confidence that my groups will tighten on my 350 now if I do my part.
Sounds more like you need either more FOC or more fletching offset.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Possum wrote:I tried the five Diablo arrow that I had laying around as they are a little stiffer in spine and they were spot on all the way out to 60 yards on my 350 and the 330. My Gold Tips are spot on all the way out to 60 yards on my 330 but the groups start to grow at ranges beyond 20 yards on my 350.
I assure you that you will, and nobody does arrow better than Jerry, he takes flight to a new level without adding unwanted helical and weight to slow em down or make em noisier. You'll love em!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Possum

Post by Possum »

Boo wrote:
Sounds more like you need either more FOC or more fletching offset.
All of my shafts were fletcher with the EZ Fletch Bolt so I don't believe I can't get, or need more offset than I already have. I did remove the aluminum nocks and replaced them with flat plastic which raised my FOC from 22% to almost 26% and groups actually got worse on my 350 and my 330.
I got 2 dozen Spynal Tapps in the mail today so that's what I'll be shootin` out of my Matrix bows. I'll either sell my Gold Tips or cut them down and use them "when" I get a Micro 335.
On another note, I found an easy way to remove glued aluminum inserts. Dip the insert or the nock end of the shaft in acetone for about 30 seconds. Breaks the glue down and the aluminum nock or brass inserts pull right out, no heat required.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Php 4:13