If You like your M380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

typical10

If You like your M380

Post by typical10 »

You are going to LOVE the bulldog, even thou the 380 was my 1st crossbow, it spoiled me, now that I have had the dog for a week shooting every day, it is a smooth forgiving piece. I extended the stock extension and the check piece. I have the Hawke XB30 SR Pro and a T/Tech on it and have shot inch groups to 50 Yards and 2" at 60 & 70 Yards. I have done this with Zombie Slayers & Diablo's at 445 Grains , with both 125 grain field points and 2 Blade rage practice heads I then shot another set of Diablo's 375 Grains out to 40 yards with no scope adjustments and they were spot on also :!: The blue string that came with it already set correctly has not stretched or shown any ware on the serving, with over 100 shots. The air brakes have taken the sharp crack of the limbs away. This Dog is a way unfair advantage, Don't get one you will hate it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol
ThunderXB

Re: If You like your M380

Post by ThunderXB »

Jeff,

You're killing me!! :lol:

How did you raise/extend the checkpiece?

I am going to try a strap-on Voodoo comb increase.

Maybe we should start a Bulldog club :twisted: !
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I have that same setup on order. Have you tried the real rage head out of it?
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
typical10

Post by typical10 »

mchurch wrote:I have that same setup on order. Have you tried the real rage head out of it?
Well after 90 minutes of double banding and new collars I could not keep the rage 125 crossbow head from opening on launch, if I indexed the heads not to hit the sturip they would hit within a couple inches of center at 20 yards, if screwed on and left where they were tight the blades hit the stirrup and launched to parts unknown. jeff~ :evil:
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

Try the nap killzones crossbow heads
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
Rather-B-Huntin

Post by Rather-B-Huntin »

How did you extend the stock? My chief complaint is how the factory configuration crowds me into the scope.
THE HUNTER'S ZONE
Best Deals on Excalibur Crossbows and Accessories in the Eastern USA!!! Check us out on Facebook!
typical10

Post by typical10 »

Rather-B-Huntin wrote:How did you extend the stock? My chief complaint is how the factory configuration crowds me into the scope.

Put then 1/2" in a vice and drill a small hole 1" in the center on each end, remove Put the 1" in a vice ,center the 1/2 over top you will have to grind a small portion on each end of the 1/2 so it fits flush, screw them together keeping the top piece from rolling over and not being square with the bottom one, measure the gap and your good. I used bondo made it hot so it would harden real quick. Did this three times including filling in the screw holes. Used a vib. sander to smooth out, cleaned it with laq.thinner and painted 3 coats of fl black krylon. Took a hour and let the paint dry overnite. It looks way better the the pic, Im a fuss button on looks. good luck hollor if you have questions. jeff~
deertrx

Post by deertrx »

Awesome Bow! Enjoy! :D
Brian
Matrix 380 Xtra " Sweets "
Leupold Crossbones
TT Matrix Hunter 2.5
Boo Strings Danny Millers Bumpers
18" BE Zombies, Slick Trick 150 xbow BH's
" She's a beaut Clark! "