Price check on used Alu Ibex?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dpoisson

Price check on used Alu Ibex?

Post by dpoisson »

Hi everyone!
Still looking for a crossbow. It's projected use would be for deer hunting (after the moose rifle's season). Eventually, I might want to go moose hunting with it. So, it needs to be able to do both.

I have seen an Ibex for sale. Looks in very good shape (seller mentions it was used for a couple of hours only, but I have no seen it in person. It is one of the aluminum rail Ibex. Comes with rope cocker, 3 bolts, quiver and scope as well as a transport case (not a hardcase, just a transport bag shaped like a crossbow).

The seller says they bought it for 770$ CAD total and is asking 525$ CAD. Does that sound like a fair price? I mean, for 75$ extra, I could get a brand new Grizzly (with matrix limbs!)...Also, the person is located really far away. I've contacted the seller, but we haven't discussed shipping / in-person meet-up.

Thanks for your input!

David
BVP

Re: Price check on used Alu Ibex?

Post by BVP »

The price seems a little high. I bought one last summer like new for $360 complete with Reds.
Vixen ll
Ibex
Exocet 200
Exomax
Grizzly
Matrix 350 SE
Vixenmaster strings
Grim Reapers
dpoisson

Post by dpoisson »

BVP wrote:The price seems a little high. I bought one last summer like new for $360 complete with Reds.
Was that 360$ in canadian pesos or USD?

Thanks!
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Don't get me wrong, the Ibex will kill a Moose...no question. But is it the best crossbow for moose? That's the question I'd ask myself. The price does seem high to me.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
BVP

Post by BVP »

dpoisson wrote:
BVP wrote:The price seems a little high. I bought one last summer like new for $360 complete with Reds.
Was that 360$ in canadian pesos or USD?

Thanks!
dpoisson

That was $360 USD
Vixen ll
Ibex
Exocet 200
Exomax
Grizzly
Matrix 350 SE
Vixenmaster strings
Grim Reapers
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

The present differences between the Can $ and US $
(40 % exchange rate) can really confuse things at times.

The other problem in Canada is that our shipping rates are prohibitively high as well which has to be carefully consider when dealing over even short distances.

CC
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Personally, given that both bows shoot the same advertized speed, I would go for the new Grizzly. I have seen very little said negatively about the grizzly and if you get one with the Dead Zone scope as part of your lite stuff package ? You will be getting a scope that IMO will most likely never require an up-grade.. That is one model excalibur scope I have become very happy with.

My cousin picked up a new Grizzly last Nov. and I have heard nothing but his praise for it. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier