how do you spin test arrows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: how do you spin test arrows

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote:Don, kids haven't played with marbles in 50 years!!!! :lol: :lol:
You old F-RT! :lol:
Playground is in the house hooked to either a TV or computer or phone. :(
LOL! I hate kids! :lol: :lol: :lol: If they don't have marbles, what good are they? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Tom wrote:
Boo wrote:
nchunterkw wrote:I just use an Apple Archery Spin Tester - about $30 at Cabela's or similar store.

Put the arrow on and observe the very tip of the BH while you rotate the arrow. I first turn iytslow looking for any runout and then do it fast.
But what about your broadhead alignment Mister?
I use (this is old school :lol: ) an arrow straightener for arrows. I then use an allumn block with center hole point drilled on the same axis as the arrow roller. Just straighten as you would for an arrow.

As for a normal spin test, I just use the palm of the hand with the point on the arrow. If there is a wobble you will feel it before you see it.

As Don mentioned above, rotate the arrow on the rollers (fixed marbles will also work), place a piece of cardboard next to the tip and see if there is a wobble.

Tom

That was funny I had MARBLE one from 50 years ago ..Now if you have a little wobble do you sand down the brass inserts?Can you do it without buying a arrow type cutter etc.?
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Boo wrote:Awshucks used 4 marbles on a board. He glued two together on one end of the board and and two on the other.
You can get a few marbles either from Joe :mrgreen: or from a some kid in a playground that you don't like the looks of :lol: :lol: :lol:

My Marble spinner is 50 years old..If you get a little wobble ,I am with 2 of my spitfires on each arrow do you sand the brass inserts and if so how can you do it without buying a sander/cutter to do it if possible?
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

deerman41 wrote:Thank you friends, I looked on youtube and there's one made with cabinet roller latches really cheap. :D

MARBLES on hardwood board are real easy I used as Boo said 50 years ago hot glue to hold them on board...
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Boo wrote:
flightattendant100 wrote:Don, kids haven't played with marbles in 50 years!!!! :lol: :lol:
You old F-RT! :lol:
Playground is in the house hooked to either a TV or computer or phone. :(
LOL! I hate kids! :lol: :lol: :lol: If they don't have marbles, what good are they? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dig holes? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Boo

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote: Dig holes? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Colton is welcome anytime, any day to come up and dig holes! I have a new machine coming next week! I'm also getting a scraper grader so I can keep him busy for days! :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Boo wrote:
flightattendant100 wrote: Dig holes? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Colton is welcome anytime, any day to come up and dig holes! I have a new machine coming next week! I'm also getting a scraper grader so I can keep him busy for days! :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Mon May 09, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Boo wrote:Awshucks used 4 marbles on a board. He glued two together on one end of the board and and two on the other.
You can get a few marbles either from Joe :mrgreen: or from a some kid in a playground that you don't like the looks of :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

I just make a small "ok" sign with my index finger and thumb. With the arrow vertical and the broadhead on a hard surface. Place your index finger and thumb "ok" around the shaft horizontally about two inches below the vanes. Just blow on the vanes hard enough to get a good spin out of the arrow. Keeping an eye on the broadhead looking for a wobble. If the broadhead wobbles I just back the tip out turn the washer, retighten and give another spin until the head spins true...
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott