Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

IronNoggin

Guess the Bears LIKE this Guy's Stand

Post by IronNoggin »

A little close for comfort for most I'd suggest:

https://youtu.be/uswRbzlhixQ

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Reinyrooster

Re: Guess the Bears LIKE this Guy's Stand

Post by Reinyrooster »

That will get the old ticker working!!
Waif

Post by Waif »

No scope required.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
TheBig1

Post by TheBig1 »

If he'd have fallen out of that stand he would have found out. He was stretching it down there pretty far with what looked like no harness on.
Matrix Grizzly
Hawke XB30 Pro
8ptbuk Custom Flemish String
Spynal Tapp 314gr 18" Bolts
Ramcat 100gr

Genesis 27:3
Now then, get your equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

NRA Lifetime Member
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

That's fun to watch--on a computer screen, not from a tree stand!

Last fall, just before I went elk hunting, my friend sent me a video of a couple of hunters who were hunting from a tree stand. One was hunting, the other filming. A small bear ran up their tree, at the back side of the tree, and right beside the hunters. Their whispers disclosed more than a mild concern about the situation.

The bear eventually went down the tree and immediately was chased up a nearby tree by a larger bear.

I had just enjoyed that video when I went elk hunting. I had laughed about it, but didn't give it much more thought.

My elk hunting tree stand was beside a water hole. I walked over to my tree stand area mid afternoon, to get ready for my hunt. I walked around the water hole, checking for elk tracks. I walked straight to my tree and climbed up to my stand.

I hadn't even sat down when I noticed that a bear was beside the water hole, sniffing the ground, and walking right on top of my tracks, following my tracks directly towards my tree. When he was about 10 feet from my tree, I hollered at him. He took a couple of jumps away from the tree, stopped, and looked back at me. I hollered again (words not suitable for a family forum) and he walked away. I doubt that he understood my accusation that he was a sexual pervert, that his father was unknown, and that his mother was of a different species, "canis" as I recall I said.

I had just sat there , my bow still cased, and arrows out of reach. I don't know whether he would have climbed the tree, of course, but he was certainly following my tracks. There was no bait anywhere nearby, and no other naturally occurring bear food either.

After he left I sat there thinking. If I had been about two minutes later arriving, we could have been nose to nose, and I wouldn't have been up my tree. I also thought about what I should do if I was lucky enough to shoot an elk. If I waited 30 minutes after putting an arrow into an elk, before I set out to retrieve it, who would get to it first? Me, or the guy in the black fur coat? Should I first go and get my friend and his dog? How badly did I really want an elk?

I didn't see an elk so I didn't have to worry about getting any answers.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Reinyrooster

Post by Reinyrooster »

I have seen what I believe is the same video that you're talking about.....almost had to change my shorts just watching the video!!
Guinness

Post by Guinness »

wonder if he had a backup gun incase he dropped that one
cadmaster

Post by cadmaster »

The first and only year I went spring bear hunting I was in a wooden tree stand sitting on it with my legs dangling off the edge. the first bear to come in climbed partially up and actually sniffed my boot from less than an inch while I was moving my 870 wing master 12 ga. (30" barrel) to shoot him. he saw the motion and bolted. I shot the next bear into the stand. I was pretty scared, but I knew I was safe as long as I was armed. I enjoyed bear meat but nobody else in the family likes it.
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

bet that bear could run up faster than he could have got down.