Trouble makers at it again!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sproulman

Re: Trouble makers at it again!

Post by sproulman »

j.krug wrote:
sproulman wrote:It is not always bad people doing this I seen PILLARS of area do it because you got Buck and their kids got nothing and maybe they hunted there before you etc,etc ,etc.
If you cut up or otherwise damage property that does not belong to you, you most certainly are not the PILLAR of the community you are just another piece of crap!! Just sayin'!! :?

Riflemanz sorry to see that some douche messed with your stand. :(
All depends on view I posted..Long ago a new jersey hunter stopped his truck, jumped out and ran in middle of our drive..He shot the Buck, Dad had 6 kids in drive ..My Dad was Pillar of area involved with boy scouts and baseball etc..He shot tires right off truck of that new jersey hunter when kids were not around..NOW if New Jersey hunter would have stopped and said,MR SPROUL SR CAN I HUNT WITH YOU ANDKIDS I AM FROM NEW JERSEY..Dad would have welcomed him into crew with kids ....

Last edited by sproulman on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

W.Miguire wrote:Here in Wisc. we have a new law . people can not bother hunters in any way they will be fined and jail time if convicted . we are fortunate every one knows everybody and no one messes with your stuff. I can sure feel your pain , don't know what I would do if it happened hear . get your self a trail cam and camo it up and catch that low life.
W.M.
THEY WILL FIND CAMERA..
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

XbowMisiu wrote:Everything goes in on my back into the woods and everything leaves...every hunt except muzzle loader week. Been lucky so far.
Sadly on publicland you have to do this..
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

newbie wrote:
Boo wrote:Now that would get me mad! I feel your pain for sure! If it were me, I'd leave everything as it was and set up some cams and take videos. I wouldn't hurt them phsysically but I'd make sure they were punished to the full extent of the law, including restitution. If caught, I'd make sure the whole neighbourhood found out as well. Likely a bunch of kids that haven't learned yet.
My blood is boiling just looking at that picture. Lowlifes will always be lowlifes,,,, cant fix em.
I did the hidden camera thing. I had a bunch of cams and three stands stolen from private land. Left a nice warning in a decoy dead cam and havent had anything touched since......This reminds me i better get back out to check again.
I am pretty sure i know where my stuff went I just dont need to start a war......well not just yet
:twisted:
It is sad so bad now I park 150 yards from my hunting spot to try to confuse the others where I am hunting or they will pop a stand in my spot I am hunting....
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I did invent a way to hide your Trailcamers and so far so good..But they are wearing masks if they are up too no good..
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

j.krug wrote:
sproulman wrote:It is not always bad people doing this I seen PILLARS of area do it because you got Buck and their kids got nothing and maybe they hunted there before you etc,etc ,etc.
If you cut up or otherwise damage property that does not belong to you, you most certainly are not the PILLAR of the community you are just another piece of crap!! Just sayin'!! :?

Riflemanz sorry to see that some douche messed with your stand. :(

Privateland here the city hunters put their stands all around edge on Publicland..You should see this no Buck can get into the privateland without going by them...I have friends that rip the treestands down on Publicland because they feel they were there first like 50 years before others and now told by others its THEIR
SPOT..They have kids along with big eyes open and cold and wet and see no deer because the city hunters go in middle of drive on purpose and shot deer..So there are many reasons why this is happening so have good side on reason others yes they are scumbags..
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Lowest creature in the wood's, and I would make sure the world new who it was and would make them pay, punishment would be severe!! since bodily harm is illegal, I would,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
jd4223

Post by jd4223 »

I caught a thief stealing equipment out of my ice shanty one night when I went to use the shanty for Crappie fishing. Since I was armed(police officer at the time),I gave the thief the opportunity to do the walk of shame(minus his boots and coat of course) or just have me fill out a report of an attempted robbery/theft gone bad with just my side of the story(since he wouldn't be alive to give his side). He chose to do the walk of shame. Problem was he lied to me. Instead of walking away,he ran out of there like a cat with turpentine wiped on his butt. He never did come back looking for his coat or boots. I never heard of anybody finding a frozen body in the area either. I had no qualms about the options I gave him. I've arrested too many criminals who barely get a slap on the wrists for the crimes they committed only to turn around and do it again or worse kill some one. He was lucky he didn't have a drowning accident. If I would have been on duty at the time,he would have been arrested and released before my paper work was finished. I have no sympathies when it comes to thieves.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Sorry to hear about your stands being damaged. Where I hunt there is 200 acres next that the 90 year old landowner has kicked everyone off because of poor hunting practices by some . He asked me to keep an eye out which I do. I have put signs on several stands on his request telling them to please remove them. Then I take down stands and leave them at the base of the tree. They just come and put them back up a few hundred yards away. I am tempted to cut them into pieces and leave them there now ! I guess I would be a scum bag for doing that LOL !
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

This is private land where I hunt. I had a lower section stolen about 5yrs ago and now this.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher »

This is happening all over in the hunting world. The group of hunters if we would want to call them hunters are being taught that this is the way to go about shooting animals. When I was growing up my uncles,cousins and family friends taught me to respect the game I was after and to respect the land owners property being private or state land. Also I was taught to respect my elders also. I have had stands stolen by anti hunters and other hunters that were jeoulas of the property's that I was hunting. So what I did was start patrolling the property's. This has worked and when I would let people know thru the hunting community that I'm out and that I was not putting up with this no more it stopped a lot of the this bull crap. Also in Pa there is a law now for messing with hunters and there equipment. I'm glad no one got hurt.
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

Awhile back, for three years in a row I had an idiot sit on a log within sight of my treestand on opening day of the gun season. If I can see him he can see me as he sits on my private property. I never said anything because a deer could show up at any time and I am not going to raise hell and ruin my hunting. So two seasons ago, this decent 6-pointer comes loping through the woods. I watch as he blasts away with his rifle and the deer keeps coming my way without a scratch. As it turns to run between us I wait till I have a clean and safe shot then dropped it with one shot just behind the head. That guy moved out right quick and has not come back.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Real Sorry to hear this,,,I've been there,,,It's my opinion that these dirtbags are other hunters in the area that don't want you there.

I hope you catch them ,,if not this will continue to go on!

Time to go to the ground!
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

jd4223 wrote:I caught a thief stealing equipment out of my ice shanty one night when I went to use the shanty for Crappie fishing. Since I was armed(police officer at the time),I gave the thief the opportunity to do the walk of shame(minus his boots and coat of course) or just have me fill out a report of an attempted robbery/theft gone bad with just my side of the story(since he wouldn't be alive to give his side). He chose to do the walk of shame. Problem was he lied to me. Instead of walking away,he ran out of there like a cat with turpentine wiped on his butt. He never did come back looking for his coat or boots. I never heard of anybody finding a frozen body in the area either. I had no qualms about the options I gave him. I've arrested too many criminals who barely get a slap on the wrists for the crimes they committed only to turn around and do it again or worse kill some one. He was lucky he didn't have a drowning accident. If I would have been on duty at the time,he would have been arrested and released before my paper work was finished. I have no sympathies when it comes to thieves.
We have local that looks on your porch at your boots and on your clothesline and sees if it is his size then comes in your yard and takes it..NOW THAT IS BADONES WE ARE TALKING ABOUT...
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

JUSTANUFF wrote:Real Sorry to hear this,,,I've been there,,,It's my opinion that these dirtbags are other hunters in the area that don't want you there.

I hope you catch them ,,if not this will continue to go on!

Time to go to the ground!
Sadly its good people and bad doing it...Good folks were raised there,they feed deer,they spend their own money on feed and take kids out ...Been doing it for 50 years...Now in comes city hunters no respect for deer,find your spot and put a stand in middle of it or jump out of truck while drive is going on with kids cold and wet and hungry full of excitement they run into middle of drive and shoot Buck..

BAD is those same people that I mentioned doing it not ones with kids etc taking care of deer..I do not have answer other than it cost me about $2000.00 before I went to climbing treestands...Now have them saying SPROUL THIS IS OUR SPOT GET OUT OF HERE,OR SHOOT AT MY DOG WHISKERS ,OR STEAL MY TAILGATE,CAMERAS ETC ETC..