Trouble makers at it again!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

woodmnctry

Re: Trouble makers at it again!

Post by woodmnctry »

I would also be curious as to any ideas for hiding cameras --- each year I put out several specifically to identify trespassers and poachers.
Tom

Post by Tom »

woodmnctry wrote:I would also be curious as to any ideas for hiding cameras --- each year I put out several specifically to identify trespassers and poachers.
Put a cheap camera in plain view (as a decoy), but not too obvious. Then place another camera up high, looking down onto your projected area.

Remember that most all cameras will emit some light (even IR), only a few are complete "No See Lights". IF a camera is down at eye level, they can be easily seen if a person is looking in that direction if they get triggered.

There are also cameras that operate off Phone Data and will send you the picture by phone. There are also cameras that are wireless, that is they will send the pictures to a remote place, not far from the camera. This way, the picture is stored away from the camera so if he steals the camera, you still have his picture.

Back when I was building my own trail cameras, this was a real great problem. When the cell cameras were coming out, people would add fake antennas and a note saying
Your picture has been sent to a remote location by wireless. Too steal this camera, we will forward your picture to the local authority.
Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I caught a couple 30 yr old punks walking on private land that we lease with my climbing stand, first of all trespassing, and trying to leave with something that belongs to me. The laws protect those breaking them, I did wear their ass's out with my walking stick and I'm the one still paying for it today, would I do it again you damn right.
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Boo

Post by Boo »

Limbs and Sticks wrote:I caught a couple 30 yr old punks walking on private land that we lease with my climbing stand, first of all trespassing, and trying to leave with something that belongs to me. The laws protect those breaking them, I did wear their ass's out with my walking stick and I'm the one still paying for it today, would I do it again you damn right.
:lol: :lol: :lol: No comment Wes! Next time we talk I have 2 questions for you on this subject. :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes