Trouble makers at it again!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sproulman

Re: Trouble makers at it again!

Post by sproulman »

canoe13 wrote:Awhile back, for three years in a row I had an idiot sit on a log within sight of my treestand on opening day of the gun season. If I can see him he can see me as he sits on my private property. I never said anything because a deer could show up at any time and I am not going to raise hell and ruin my hunting. So two seasons ago, this decent 6-pointer comes loping through the woods. I watch as he blasts away with his rifle and the deer keeps coming my way without a scratch. As it turns to run between us I wait till I have a clean and safe shot then dropped it with one shot just behind the head. That guy moved out right quick and has not come back.
same story..I have 2 hunters from CITY found my spot ..They sit there until 10 am each year 30 yds from me smoking cigs..Then they cough..I go thru this every year..It is publicland nothing I can do..Same types crowd out kids at our fishing hole at camp same types CITY people..Every once in awhile I take big rock down to stream and in front of them I throw it in water,real nice big splash...I say, THIS IS FROM KIDS YOU PUSHED OUT OF HOLE FISHING.. :evil: I did get turned in for throwing rock and told TRUTH and received a citation... :roll:
Last edited by sproulman on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
MTBighorn

Post by MTBighorn »

Around here there is pretty stiff fines for trespassing while hunting...It is not just trespassing! Hunting adds a whole new element to it. Hunter harassment laws are also very powerful tools as well.

Another thing that is very effective...especially against dog walker people,.. is get yourself some M-44 signs and hang them all over. The M-44 is a devise that is used to poison coyotes. It is actually a trigger unit and a 38 Special cartridge loaded with Cyanide! :twisted:

Well the M-44's are pretty hard to come by ( and wicked dangerous!)....BUT the signs that warn about them are not. Just hang a bunch of them around and watch folks "passover" going into those areas... :lol:
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

MTBighorn wrote:Around here there is pretty stiff fines for trespassing while hunting...It is not just trespassing! Hunting adds a whole new element to it. Hunter harassment laws are also very powerful tools as well.

Another thing that is very effective...especially against dog walker people,.. is get yourself some M-44 signs and hang them all over. The M-44 is a devise that is used to poison coyotes. It is actually a trigger unit and a 38 Special cartridge loaded with Cyanide! :twisted:

Well the M-44's are pretty hard to come by ( and wicked dangerous!)....BUT the signs that warn about them are not. Just hang a bunch of them around and watch folks "passover" going into those areas... :lol:

Problem in my area of pa they will GET YOU...Most turn their heads..Trust me they are nuts when it comes to Buck hunting..Once they find out at magistrate that you turned them in GO BY CAMP A LITTLE FIRE SCARECROW.. :shock: They will burn you out, steal your tailgate, flatten your tires,run key down side of your truck, throw roofing nails in your driveway, call you at night at 2 am from pay phones on and on...52 years out there and its worst now do to LACK OF BUCK ,when we had 7 bucks per DPSM not as many problems but with 1 Buck now per DPSM if even that they are DESPERATE... :shock:
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

sproulman wrote:All depends on view I posted..Long ago a new jersey hunter stopped his truck, jumped out and ran in middle of our drive..He shot the Buck, Dad had 6 kids in drive ..My Dad was Pillar of area involved with boy scouts and baseball etc..He shot tires right off truck of that new jersey hunter when kids were not around..NOW if New Jersey hunter would have stopped and said,MR SPROUL SR CAN I HUNT WITH YOU ANDKIDS I AM FROM NEW JERSEY..Dad would have welcomed him into crew with kids ....
Not exactly sure how this even remotely compares to Riflemanz situation?? :?
My opinion remains unchanged on this issue!!
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Predator55

Post by Predator55 »

Scumbags steal and damage others property, not pillars of a community. I think I would stop huhting deer and start hunting scumbags. Catch them in the act on film and immediately turn them in to the cops and press charges. I have been fortunate I hunt public land and have not had anything happen to my truck,knock wood. There was a time where tires were being slashed but that has stopped for whatever reason. It's illegal to harass hunters and the lands,I hunt are closed to the public unless licensed to hunt.
cadmaster

Post by cadmaster »

I have had many problems with unethical hunters "poaching" on my spots. In my opinion hunting someones spot is unethical. the last one I confronted told me he has every right to hunt where he wants and that I could PI$$ OFF. I told him he would not be getting much hunting done as I was going to hunt my normal spot and I could guarantee that he would not be seeing any deer (this guy actually was following out tracks in the snow to find our spots). it seems that folks think that hunting someone elses spot is OK they see the evidence that the spot is active and think great I don't have to do anymore scouting I can just hunt here. I never do that. I always try to find my own area that has minimal hunting pressure and try to avoid other hunters. I try to locate spots that are good deer hunting and low to no pressure so I don't have to deal with the idiots, but sadly they keep showing up. Most are good about it and leave you alone but some just figure screw you my spot now. what really bothers me is that they leave lots of waste behind (cans wrappers, etc). they have no regard for the land or they people and I think no regard for themselves.

As the hunting pressure around where I live has been increasing we have had to move areas several times and find new areas to hunt the funny thing is that I can keep finding new areas easy enough with little or no hunting pressure. even where I currently hunt there are many good areas within 5 miles that are easily accessible with plenty of deer. I keep finding them every scouting season.
va3cgt

Post by va3cgt »

cadmaster wrote:I have had many problems with unethical hunters "poaching" on my spots. In my opinion hunting someones spot is unethical. the last one I confronted told me he has every right to hunt where he wants and that I could PI$$ OFF. I told him he would not be getting much hunting done as I was going to hunt my normal spot and I could guarantee that he would not be seeing any deer (this guy actually was following out tracks in the snow to find our spots). it seems that folks think that hunting someone elses spot is OK they see the evidence that the spot is active and think great I don't have to do anymore scouting I can just hunt here. I never do that. I always try to find my own area that has minimal hunting pressure and try to avoid other hunters. I try to locate spots that are good deer hunting and low to no pressure so I don't have to deal with the idiots, but sadly they keep showing up. Most are good about it and leave you alone but some just figure screw you my spot now. what really bothers me is that they leave lots of waste behind (cans wrappers, etc). they have no regard for the land or they people and I think no regard for themselves.

As the hunting pressure around where I live has been increasing we have had to move areas several times and find new areas to hunt the funny thing is that I can keep finding new areas easy enough with little or no hunting pressure. even where I currently hunt there are many good areas within 5 miles that are easily accessible with plenty of deer. I keep finding them every scouting season.
I use to hunt in the Redbridge area of North Bay back in the late 80's. I don't think we up here have the problems our American friends have with running into other hunters and thieves due to the popularity of guns and hunting stateside. It certainly was a problem decades ago here with trespassers but I think for the most part hunting in Canada is way down due to very restrictive firearms laws and licence fees. I hunt north of Toronto on private land that abuts a right-of-way. In ten years I have only come across a shady looking dude on the right-of-way. Judging from his demeanor he obviously had a weed plantation in the area. Never saw him again.
cadmaster

Post by cadmaster »

va3cgt wrote:
cadmaster wrote:...
I use to hunt in the Redbridge area of North Bay back in the late 80's. I don't think we up here have the problems our American friends have with running into other hunters and thieves due to the popularity of guns and hunting stateside. It certainly was a problem decades ago here with trespassers but I think for the most part hunting in Canada is way down due to very restrictive firearms laws and licence fees. I hunt north of Toronto on private land that abuts a right-of-way. In ten years I have only come across a shady looking dude on the right-of-way. Judging from his demeanor he obviously had a weed plantation in the area. Never saw him again.
I actually hunt just north of Redbridge and in the last three years it seems that we have less older hunters and many new tyros running around who have a high opinion of their skills, but have no idea how to scout other than looking for hunting activity and then hunting other peoples spots. In the 10 years or so that I have been hunting there many folks start hunting there and move to other spots as the obvious sign you see is deer moving at night. they set up their blinds and never see a thing. LOL

Unfortunately last year we had at least three different groups of people going into our spots so the hunting was nowhere near as good as normal and deer sign dropped off significantly probably due to increased hunter activity. I normally can expect to see at least 6 deer while scouting early season this year none and we only saw 2 deer total during the hunt.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

My friends kid is a welder and he said he would repair the ladder as I have steel bar stock in my garage he can use. If I put up cameras I'd probably lose them to theft so i'll get the ladder repaired and then put it back up the week before the season starts. Then remove after the season. If it happens again i'll go to the ground as suggested.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
Normous

Post by Normous »

Good plan Riflemanz, I like it!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Predator55

Post by Predator55 »

I picked up a couple ran home safari ghilles for ground hunting, a lot easier to pack in, and work really well.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Riflemanz wrote:My friends kid is a welder and he said he would repair the ladder as I have steel bar stock in my garage he can use. If I put up cameras I'd probably lose them to theft so i'll get the ladder repaired and then put it back up the week before the season starts. Then remove after the season. If it happens again i'll go to the ground as suggested.
Not nice at all today..In my area usually I see about 10 hunters in bear season.now first day I saw 80 ..unreal.BADONES sneak into privateland here on sundays you cannot hunt sundays in pa. They steal your CAMERAS..Will steal your lock-on stands and climber but usually leave ladderstands alone on privateland they twist them around trees on publicland..

Most put ladderstands up day before open of season if done too early they will twist them around tree....Forestry wants you to take your stands out daily here in pa but so far that is only on stategamelands..
sledhead

Post by sledhead »

Riflemanz, i hear your pain. i hunt on private land and still have had trail cams stolen and most painful, find our hunting towers toppled (4 legged stands supported with guy wires - cut clean). feeling of deja vu when i seen your pics, we had a homemade stand like yours with exactly the same vandalism - bottom rungs cut out as high as they could reach. The property owner does not hunt and leases out the fields so he never ventures out into the back 40 to check things out and even if he or we did, hard to catch a local in the act. We are from town and locals in the hunting area feel that they have more rights than outsiders do except for the fact that we have permission and they don't. we don't put out trail cams anymore and do try to get out and walk the property in the off season as much as we can. hope that karma will take care of the situation.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I did invent a way to hide your cameras and so far its working...
sledhead

Post by sledhead »

if you're willing to share, i'm listening.....