Talk about a torture test!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Reinyrooster

Talk about a torture test!!!

Post by Reinyrooster »

I can't believe it! My last day out deer hunting last December I was sitting on a low stump in amongst a clump of trees. Had my knapsack with me and when I left that evening, I didn't know it at the time but I dropped my Simmons rangefinder onto the ground. It was only some days later as I was packing my stuff away for the end of the season when I realized I was missing the rangefinder and had a pretty good idea where it was.
Between the weather and life being too busy, I couldn't get back to that spot until last weekend and sure enough, it was laying on the ground right where I figured it would be.
Now remember this thing has been lying on the ground through the cold, the snow, the rain and whatever else Mother Nature dumped on it. I really didn't have much hope on it working again and had actually bought a new one figuring this thing is toast. I took it home, tossed the dead battery, took it apart and gave her a good cleaning. Then I submerged the guts into a bowl of rice for about a week and tonight was more then a little amazed when I put her all back together, plugged a new battery into it and BAM...she works!!
I would say that was a pretty good torture test....and it survived. Can\t say enough good things about Simmons rangefinders now!!
longbow joe

Re: Talk about a torture test!!!

Post by longbow joe »

Wow ...thats cool . You should be in one of their adds. I lost a release on time in the boonies n found it 2 years later hanging on a bush probably got pulled from my pocket...cleaned it n used it for years, Until i decided to shoot the longbow
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Reminds me of the time I are arrowed a nice 8 point while I was sitting on the ground with my old ibex. I lost my arrow and figured it was gone under some brush or something. 2 months later after the leaves had fallen I found it stuck in a log 10 yards from where I shot the buck. Cleaned it up and put it back in service.... lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

That's almost unbelievable, wow.

So how much for the rangefinder? :roll:
I'll take it off your hands.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Ya, I'd call that a torture test for sure!!
Glad she still works for you. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads