Tuff Day Slave'n Over The Cookshack

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wildcatter

Tuff Day Slave'n Over The Cookshack

Post by wildcatter »

Took a deer neck out Friday morning and thawed it, then last evening I got it rubbed down with dry rub and cellophaned it and let it marinade in the fridge fer 15 hours. This morning I stuck 2oz of Red Oak, and 2oz of Apple wood in the Cookshack SM 025, set it to 230* and left it open smoke fer 5 hours.

After 5 hours I put 1 Yellow Pepper and 1 Red Pepper sliced w/3 Yellow Onions quartered and 4 cloves a garlic in a disposable aluminum pan and transfered the Neck to the pan. Sealed it with a piece of foil and back in fer another 5 hours,,,

Then when it was done pulled the meat and blended it in with the veggies fer smoke venison Philly style, served on flour tortillas and Provolone Cheese, rolled into open end burritos,,,,, :wink:

Then after a full belly it was great to sit back on the deck, and relax while watching a beautiful sunset over a good cocktail and smoke,,,, I don't do either very often anymore,, but always keep my liquor cabinet well stocked with my favorite drink, and a few good smokes in the humidor just for the rare occasions I decide to have one while I sip on my favorite cocktail,,,,

Tomorrow I will have to ruf it with leftovers,,,, smoked venison Philly style with the Provolone on grilled Hoagie Bun's,,, Life Is Good in Catterville,,,, :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
vixenmaster

Re: Tuff Day Slave'n Over The Cookshack

Post by vixenmaster »

Yes indeedy, fine smoked meats n nice shot to satisfy, i will pass on the cigar. Lookin good fer sure
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
munch

Post by munch »

man does that look good .like your choice of whiskey as well. another one you should try is a Canadian one called 40 creek .
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
munch

Post by munch »

double post
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Dam that looks good!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

That sure looks, scrumdilyisous :D
if ya need some help cleaning up the left overs,
I can be there in about 8 to 10 hrs. :wink:
but like mike i'll pass on the cigar,,,,
but not the, drink !!!!! :lol:

Dave :D
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

There ya go don't get no better than that. Chilled bottle of Red Wine, a fine meal, a nice toddy fer the body. Relax talk about some good Hunts n future Huntin n some good fishin :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher »

Yeah Wildcatter there is nothing like eating venison Philly style. Being I'm from Philly it the way I eat a lot of mine. I usually get to hinds done in to chip steak and do it all kind of ways on a roll with different combinations of vegetables. Sometime with sauce and fried onions and a variety of cheese too. The group I hunt with we have a few dinners this way thru out the season and after also.
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR
cadmaster

Post by cadmaster »

I am envious my unused tag cooked up terrible.
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

Man that sounds good!! I just had lunch but I'm getting hungry all over again thinking about your smoke shack!!!
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

That bottle of red wine woulda been nice at the table!! But hey ya don't need the wine to stop sot back and swap some good ole hunt'n stories!!! I am up fer that anytime!

O'll have to give a look fer that 40 creek munch, I don't indulge often anymore, but I always like a good smooth Whiskey!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
munch

Post by munch »

wildcatter wrote:That bottle of red wine woulda been nice at the table!! But hey ya don't need the wine to stop sot back and swap some good ole hunt'n stories!!! I am up fer that anytime!

O'll have to give a look fer that 40 creek munch, I don't indulge often anymore, but I always like a good smooth Whiskey!!
bob i was a straight whiskey with beer to chase. love crown heres a link lots say its smoother than crown
http://www.fortycreekwhisky.com/home.html
another we drank a lot of when i was younger was called golden wedding a quart of that in the water jug with a quart of 7up and you where good for a friday night cant say i miss those days but its been 20years not waking sunday morning with a fat head
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

munch wrote:
wildcatter wrote:That bottle of red wine woulda been nice at the table!! But hey ya don't need the wine to stop sot back and swap some good ole hunt'n stories!!! I am up fer that anytime!

bob i was a straight whiskey with beer to chase. love crown heres a link lots say its smoother than crown
http://www.fortycreekwhisky.com/home.html
another we drank a lot of when i was younger was called golden wedding a quart of that in the water jug with a quart of 7up and you where good for a friday night cant say i miss those days but its been 20years not waking sunday morning with a fat head
I hear ya Terry, I don't remember the last time I got drunk, that bottle is about a month old, the only mixed drinks I do is I buy a bottle of Apple Crown and a bottle of Royal Crown and mix em 50/50,,, the straight apple is to sweet, but mixed give a slight apple finish I like. But I am with you,,, glad them other day's are behind me,,,, so is Jeannine,,,,, :wink:

Only thing ruff today is I'm stuck with leftovers fer this afternoons lunch,,,, on grilled Hoagie bun w/Provolone and Horseradish sauce,,, "Redneck Philly n' Cheese",,,,, :wink:

But later I will get some fresh food fer supper,,,, Venison Butterflied backstraps on the grill King w/baked tater,,,,,, a little break in the menu,,,, but can't getaway from the redneck menu,,,,Image

This is the kinda thing ya gotta get used to when you insist on hunting with the Mad Max and the Lynx!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
deertrx

Post by deertrx »

Just read this made me hungry and thirsty 4 sure! :D
Brian
PS Oct 2016 will be a goodn!!!! :o
Matrix 380 Xtra " Sweets "
Leupold Crossbones
TT Matrix Hunter 2.5
Boo Strings Danny Millers Bumpers
18" BE Zombies, Slick Trick 150 xbow BH's
" She's a beaut Clark! "
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

That sounds like fine eating and a great way to enjoy your harvest Wildcat.
I just dined on venison stakes seared in olive oil finished with Soy Vey Very Teriyaki sauce and fresh grated Ginger root and black pepper, red skin mashed potatoes and carets , We are blessed as hunters with the best nature has to offer .
Hunt eat sleep repeat.