Spitfire Max for turkey

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Phillyarcher

Spitfire Max for turkey

Post by Phillyarcher »

Has anybody used these for Turkey and how did they perform. I'm thinking about trying them with my Micro 335 and the quills that came with my Micro. I use them for Deer and they are great. The grain I use is 125. Any comments would be great. Hope to show some pics in a few weeks.
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR
georgiaboy

Re: Spitfire Max for turkey

Post by georgiaboy »

I killed one with a regular 1.5 inch cut spitfire...dropped him in his tracks!! 8)
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Ive killed about 20 nj and pa birds with regular spitfires . Im gonna use the max also this year....... bigger is better ive never had a need to resort to the head chopper heads i only lost one bird due to a poor placed spitfire. a good body shot with a spit is a dead bird. My favorite is a head on shot right at the top of the beard the result is a dead flopping bird that goes 4 feet max
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher »

Thanks guys for your info. I'm going to try and take one this year with the Micro.
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I actually weedwacked three arrow paths in my field today by my blind shooting a bird wit a bow is hard as he..l but its very rewarding i like it as much as deer n i dont "normally" freeze on normal years .....good luck philabundance n send a pic if your micro connects .
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.