old hunters with pets and guns

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

old hunters with pets and guns

Post by munch »

i posted this before but was taking with gene last night about a few things and this was a couple .the little gun on the right my father got from my grandmother as a kid. it was the mid 30s and no money so she would give him 1 22 shell if he returned with an animail he got another ,no food no bullet untill the next day. i think my grandmother started the phrase 1 shot 1 kill she just did not get the credit.
this is a picture of his pet ,everyone else had a dog. he traded some work for the bear which traveled in a caravel and for a fee you could box the bear. the bear always won
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
edstuff

Re: old hunters with pets and guns

Post by edstuff »

Great pet!
Nice lil gun too. I'm assuming you mean the lil one on the left is a 22? What is the one on the right?
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Terry,

Thank's for those pictures.... Your Father's 22 is one I have never seen nor heard of in all my years of hunting, shooting, and visiting several firearms museums..

It's totally awesome...He forgot to mention the barrell rotates to the side allowing insertion of the 22 cartridge. I'm guessing the lever action next to is is a Winchester M-94 in either 30-30 or 32 Winchester? I do see several notches cut or filed into it in the grip area above the lever :shock: so I'm guessing it help feed the family well. :wink:

Your dad was a bigger man than me ( especially physically ) I don't think I'd personally ever "choose" to stand up too a bear... :( maybe if he was tryin to climb up in a tree I had climbed to try and get away from him on the ground. :wink:

Thank's for the great pictures.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
edstuff

Post by edstuff »

I'd really like to add a 30-30 to my collection. Unfortunately with my budget I will only be able to get a lower end one. But I hear the Rossi levers are pretty good.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Great stuff, love that .22 What make and model is it ?
Is it a break down or folding stock ?
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
TPM

Post by TPM »

It's a Hamilton Model 11 I believe.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

TPM wrote:It's a Hamilton Model 11 I believe.
I found a video on a hamilton model 7 model that was made in Plymouth Mi U.S A
less than an hour from my house I have never herd of this fire arm company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlWamNCUZIc
Last edited by gerald strine on Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Hunt eat sleep repeat.
munch

Post by munch »

edstuff wrote:Great pet!
Nice lil gun too. I'm assuming you mean the lil one on the left is a 22? What is the one on the right?
the one on the right is a winchester 94 3030 given to my son by a buddy .it passed down 3 generations and he had no one to pass it to so gave it to aaron. it has 14 notches cut into the stock and i hope aaron will add one before he passes it on
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
munch

Post by munch »

TPM wrote:It's a Hamilton Model 11 I believe.
tim if had not been for you i would still not know anything about the gun i was surprised how well you knew it years ago. thanks again
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Terry,

It appears the 30-30 may have a saddle ring on the side showing on the reciever in your picture ?

If that's the case, Tell your son it has quite alot of value ,,, but then any old (pre 1964) is up there pretty high.

He has a nice one and when done hunting with it, he needs to just sit there and look up at it up on the wall and Dream of all it's seen and Done. :D

Envious, for sure. but thank's for for sharing them with us. :wink:

Genee
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
munch

Post by munch »

L. E. Carroll wrote:Terry,

It appears the 30-30 may have a saddle ring on the side showing on the reciever in your picture ?

If that's the case, Tell your son it has quite alot of value ,,, but then any old (pre 1964) is up there pretty high.

He has a nice one and when done hunting with it, he needs to just sit there and look up at it up on the wall and Dream of all it's seen and Done. :D

Envious, for sure. but thank's for for sharing them with us. :wink:

Genee
gene my buddy gary told me that was a 32 and his grandfather had some kind of issue with the chamber so he had the barrel switched to 30-30. no idea what that has done to the value but gary passed away a couple years ago and knew aaron hunted with me and he had no kids to pass it too so wantede him to have it .tim and monica have offered to let us gun hunt some time with them so i hope someday we can do that just to add another notch to the stock. my dad hunted all big game with a marlin 30-30 moose bear and deer and never lost an animal they are a nice little gun . i shot my first moose with a marlin 336 in 35remington
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts facebook
Buszone

Post by Buszone »

Seeing that bear reminded me when 3 bad A$$ football players in 1972 went to the fair in Harrisburg PA and took on the challenge of wrestling a 600lb black bear. My youthful wisdom told me hey I can knock over anything as I am a 6' 1" 205lb bad dude :lol:
The deal was if you could get the bear down in 3 minutes you won $100 ! No problem how hard could that be :roll:

Well I entered the ring charged across got within hair length from the bear :evil: and the crowd went wild :D the bear promptly put its front paws on my shoulders and pressed me to the ground and stood with its paws holding me down :shock: took less then 30 seconds :oops: I then exited stage left and watched as the bear pinned the next volunteers.
Thank God no one took pictures !!!
335 Micro "THOR" as in "Thorin Oakenshield"
RamCat 125gr. AKA Battle Axe
NChunterKW Flemish String
15.5" Excalibur Dan Zombies
When it Flies something dies !
TPM

Post by TPM »

Terry, I have the Winchester date book so if you pm the serial number I can tell you what year that 94 was made.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Very cool Terry! A couple of great family stories for sure. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads