Which Slick Trick to use?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carey

Which Slick Trick to use?

Post by Carey »

I'm trying to decide which Slick Trick broadhead to use. Seems that all 4 models are used by crossbow shooters on this and other forums. I will be shooting 100g but still would like to hear input on accuracy regarding the various models and other pros and cons (for my Matrix 355).
Thanks
Hester0305

Re: Which Slick Trick to use?

Post by Hester0305 »

I currently use the Grizztrick 2 it shoots great out to 40 yards and cuts a hugh hole, I've shot the Slick trick mag for years and it shot well also. The Slick Trick Standard will probably fly the best next to your field points because it has less wind deflection because of the smaller cutting diameter. My Grizztricks don't fly exactly with my field points but I zero my scope to my broadheads a couple of before season starts. Good luck with your choice theres a lot of great choices out there.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

100gr magnums for my 355.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

The 150 grain x bow trick is awesome I have taken many deer with them and it is a excellent performer in all areas.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I've never shot them with my crossbows but shot them exclusively with my compounds....the standard tricks. With the slower bows, around 315fps IBO, the poi was the same as my field points. With my faster compounds, 343-350fps IBO, the poi was different from my field points but they still grouped perfectly.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Hester0305 wrote:I currently use the Grizztrick 2 it shoots great out to 40 yards and cuts a hugh hole, I've shot the Slick trick mag for years and it shot well also. The Slick Trick Standard will probably fly the best next to your field points because it has less wind deflection because of the smaller cutting diameter. My Grizztricks don't fly exactly with my field points but I zero my scope to my broadheads a couple of before season starts. Good luck with your choice theres a lot of great choices out there.
Great Thread ! Hester, In your opinion does the Grizzltrick leave a better blood trail than the the standard Slicks ? Was not too impressed with the standard slick last year, Shot great but the Blood trail was non existent . Thanks
Last edited by 8ptbuk on Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have used the standards n mags. Also the Grizztricks all worked some were abit more accurate n some had abit more or less weight. All in all they are a good coc broadheads, i like the thick blades!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

I used the 175 my year with them and never lose a deer they all died within sight and the next year I was also looking for a better blood trail and switch to the Grizzly 2 and that did the trick . you can get them in 100 and 125 . and the don't bend or brake . for my arrow I shoot zombie slayers 92grn. inserts 125 grizz. trick 18" with blazers with a 3degree helix fletch .and tune the bow to that set up. W.M.
Carey

Post by Carey »

Seems that no one is using the Xbow model which is the one that Slick Stick says is designed for crossbows. Anyone have a reason for that?
Do the magnum shoot same POI as field point?
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

the slick trick is such a strong broad head you can use them in a cross bow with no problem . if they don't fly just like your field tips . practice with your field tip and when hunten season comes just adjust your scope and your good to go .
W.M.
carperdoug

Post by carperdoug »

I have a 355 and have used both Grizz Trick 2 and Magnums. They will shoot very accurately but not necessarily the same as your field points. A minor scope adjustment usually one or two clicks.....No problem.

Having used these since they came on the market. I do have one issue and that is I get what I call minimum blood trails. I had one deer last year with no trail at all; double lung shot. Another was just pin head size drops. Fortunately recovered both. Due to this issue I am moving to another head.

Having said this I still recommend them and let the user be their own judge.
Ekkie

Post by Ekkie »

I took a nice sized doe last season with a Grizztrick II. It did break a blade in the far front leg, but that was after smashing completely through the near front leg (it was a goofy quartering-to shot), cutting through at least 1 rib, cutting through the heart, and finally hitting the far leg. The broken blade was stuck in the far leg, and the arrow buried itself in the ground several inches. The ferrule tip was even bent over. The deer, incidentally, went less than 10 yards.

So I guess they're not indestructible, but I can't think of many heads that would fare as well as that one did for that shot. VPA 3-blade... maybe an Exodus. Neither of which have 4 blades like the Grizztrick. I don't mind the loss of the broadhead; I got about 50 lbs of meat from that doe, and it is the best ven I've ever eaten.

I've got several packs of them, and several packs of replacement blades. Should last me years.

~E
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Sharp one's!! :D :mrgreen: :lol:
There all good!! :wink:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I have shot the crossbow tricks in 150gr, and Slick Trick Mags in 10 and 125, and some Standards in 100gr. What I like is I can mix and match blades and ferrules to get about anything I want. As others have said, they all fly good but not with the field points. I have had no issues with blood trails. But to me 2-4 big drops every 2-3 yards is a good blood trail. Maybe others want more on the ground?
But having said all that I now use RamCats. They fly just a little better IMO (hard to improve on the Slick tough) and leave big holes and good blood. The amount of blood from my bison was crazy.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I reckon the key to good blood trails is to hit them low n have entry n exit. You hit'em high it takes jus abit fer the chest cavity to fill up wid blood. By then they are usually on the ground n the blood be spillin out!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315