Got my certificate yesterday!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ihunt

Got my certificate yesterday!

Post by ihunt »

Three weeks ago and I did my crossbow hunting course and did their exam.
Yesterday went and got my mail and there it was my new hunter certificate for firearms and 'crossbow' yahoo!!!
So license and crossbow in hand now I can't wait for deer season this fall :D
Last edited by ihunt on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
xcaliber

Re: Got my certificate yesterday!

Post by xcaliber »

Congratulations, now you're officially a member of the hunting club! Hope you enjoy many successful hunts, and seasons!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boomer81

Post by Boomer81 »

Still amazes me that in Quebec they make you take a separate course and actual shooting exams for bow and crossbow.
"Rumble"
Matrix 350LE Treestand Camo

"Ravage"
Micro Mag 340 Mossy Oak Camo
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

xcaliber wrote:Congratulations, now you're officially a member of the hunting club! Hope you enjoy many successful hunts, and seasons!
Thanks. Really happy, it's been years since I've gone hunting with my rifle but now that I'm retired (3 yrs ago :lol: ) and have more time I can go with my xbow.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Boomer81 wrote:Still amazes me that in Quebec they make you take a separate course and actual shooting exams for bow and crossbow.
No the shooting exam is only for Bows not crossbows o/w it's just a written exam for firearms and crossbows.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....Wow, a place worse than The People's Republic of New Jersey! We have to take a bow exam (field and written), a firearm ( field and written) and a Muzzleloader (field and written)....the field is pretty much the same for all three...but if you take the courses separate you have to the do the field three times (must have been the Democrats who thought that one up :lol: :lol: :lol: )....

....However there is NO separate course for the CB....

....Congratulations on achieving your license!....Remember the most important thing..."be safe!" No animal is worth killing or injuring another for!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Good stuff Ihunt, you will appreciate the warmer weather during bow season, LOOK OUT DEER!

I found the bow course a near copy of the rifle one, and was disappointed that I learned wayyyyyyy more safety practices here than during my course. I think they should borrow some of the severed thumb pics we have here to use for their courses. I found it to be another money grab since I did not really learn much about safely using a bow, very much like the money grab they have for that dam turkey course.

Where abouts do you hunt, up North or the Townships?
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Bullzeye wrote:Good stuff Ihunt, you will appreciate the warmer weather during bow season, LOOK OUT DEER!

I found the bow course a near copy of the rifle one, and was disappointed that I learned wayyyyyyy more safety practices here than during my course. I think they should borrow some of the severed thumb pics we have here to use for their courses. I found it to be another money grab since I did not really learn much about safely using a bow, very much like the money grab they have for that dam turkey course.

Where abouts do you hunt, up North or the Townships?
Agree about the bow course it's basically the some one I took for firearms more than 30 yrs ago! As for a money grab I also agree and if I want to get my Bow permit I have to pay another $18 to shoot 5 arrow.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Very cool !
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Congratulations!!! :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Bullzeye wrote: Where abouts do you hunt, up North or the Townships?
oops missed that :oops: Mostly up North trying to find something more local like the Townships. Who knows maybe we can hunt together?
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Thanks for the congrats everyone!
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

ihunt wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: Where abouts do you hunt, up North or the Townships?
oops missed that :oops: Mostly up North trying to find something more local like the Townships. Who knows maybe we can hunt together?
Unfortunately I hunt on a friends farm which is on a postage stamp sized piece of woods, and because of the stupid Quebec doe draw they have had forever, the number of deer is the lowest I have ever seen. I myself am looking for a new spot or I would invite you. It's all private land around Montreal, and most land owners want $$$$$$$ to hint on their land.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
amythntr

Re: tin chuyen nhuong

Post by amythntr »

MichaelSome wrote:Tình yêu là bù đắp cho nhau những khoảng trống... Chứ ko phải lấy chỗ thừa chọc bừa vào chỗ thiếu

....now why would someone want to respond in a foreign if not alien language which no no one (maybe?) would understand?

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Probably for our entertainment lol , it's Vietamese and has nothing to do with this conversation.......gotta love SPAM
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone