Micro vs. Matrix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

seabee401

Micro vs. Matrix

Post by seabee401 »

Was just wondering if anyone knows the width of the Micro lineup as compared to the Matrix lineup? I have old school Exocet 200 and Phoenix 175. Love them both and have taken deer with both. Thinkin about going lighter and narrower. Confused. :?
Tom
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
vixenmaster

Re: Micro vs. Matrix

Post by vixenmaster »

Yer Matrix models will run about 31" wide n the Micro's 25 1/2- 25"
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher »

Seabee
I was shooting a Vortex and loved that xbow. I shot a lot of deer and took my first bear with the Vortex. Last year I picked up a Micro 335 and what a difference hunting with it while being in a tree. The smaller size gives you more shooting lanes instead of being right in front shots. Even thought I twisted my body a few times shooting my Vortex. Also in a blind too you will see the difference. The best advise is if you can is shot both of them and see how they feel. Good luck.
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the Micro is the way to go. Is there a big difference in cocking even the lightest Micro 315 ? I know I have to try for myself, just asking for others opinions from they're own experience.
Thanks
Tom
Phoenix I, Phoenix II, Excocet 200, Vortex, Matrix 350Se, Matrix 330, Matrix 310
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

seabee401 wrote:Thanks for the info. Sounds like the Micro is the way to go. Is there a big difference in cocking even the lightest Micro 315 ? I know I have to try for myself, just asking for others opinions from they're own experience.
Thanks
Tom
Don't know about the 315 but I got the Mirco 335 and I can say it's a hard bow to cock, that said I shorted my cocking string as much and with a little practice I now hold the string with my hands while using my legs to pull the string therefore I use 80% legs and 20% arms to pull the cocking string.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

The newer bows are a bit more grunt to cock . But not unreasonable . As stated before shorten the cocking aid to lessen the distance of cocking .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
SEW

Post by SEW »

The Micro's size is nice but the Matrix can be faster and more accurate at range. The potential max effective hunting range is greater with the Matrix 355-405. I wouldn't (and didn't ) rule out the BD400. I think we can expect a Bull Pup 310-350 within 6-12 months. That should be even more appealing to many. I still want a Matrix 435. :D
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

seabee401 wrote:Thanks for the info. Sounds like the Micro is the way to go. Is there a big difference in cocking even the lightest Micro 315 ? I know I have to try for myself, just asking for others opinions from they're own experience.
Thanks
Tom
I have all 3 Micro models.

My go to bow is the Micro 315 all the way. Much easier to cock and crazy accurate.

The 335 and 355 are great bows as well but if I could only have one I would go with the middle child. The Micro 335 best of both worlds... :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
seabee401

Post by seabee401 »

Thanks for the input everyone. Much appreciated. :wink:
Tom