Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

Re: Turkey day molested by the lady warden

Post by hunter with MS »

Were you on State or private property ?
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Wow, those are some really REALLY stupid rules.....

Requiring a roof on the blind ? Really ?

Oh, and in the fall, a turkey blind has to have blaze orange on it ? Turkeys see in color so you might as well have a flashing neon DENNY'S sign above your blind. :lol:

Oh and according to what was posted, you did not violate any law. See, all those wardens pull this crap cause they expect that most people will just pay the fine and not bother contesting it.
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
kamont

Post by kamont »

Heres my 2 cents, Blind OK, piling logs or the branches in front not OK as per regs. As far as man made, God is a man?? and he made the trees you just rearranged them :D maybe a grey area.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

SUX! I read that rule over & over, and I think you are hosed LBJ. It looks like you stacked the branches, and it is clearly a violation, or maybe not! :lol: :lol: I think I would just try to negotiate the least amount of a fine, apologize for the misunderstanding of the vague rule, and hope the judge just tells you to not do it again. I think you can prove you had no intention of breaking any laws, and explain the rule as you understand it. You can also tell them we agree that the rule is a bit confusing. Take some of your best Jerky with you for the Judge! :wink:

Good Luck Joe. :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

Did she issue you the ticket then? If not what was she waiting for ? On the bright side it could turn out to be a writing warning . Seems like there is a grey area and it is up to the warden as to how they see it .We have had those areas in our laws which we as hunters trappers fishermen and women got fixed so everyone is on the same page , that needs to be addressed .
Waif

Post by Waif »

Blind was not constructed of natural material.
Natural material was used to break up the silhouette.
When stated it was on property ,was that private property?
We are not allowed to cut branches on state or federal in my state anyway ,that's why the question.
If on private then the warden was lookin hard for an excuse to ticket.
A wee bit over zealous perhaps.

If time and expense allowed I'd contest the ticket.
Your local est political state representative can be a link to clarifying rules and defining them better.
It takes time though. Years in some cases.
The hunters handbooks with licence purchase are only a sampling of rules ,despite their legalese being enough to cause confusion at times.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
Easy Money

Post by Easy Money »

I bet I can guess who the warden is and I've never heard anyone call her a "lady" before only words that can't be repeated on this forum if it's the one I'm thinking of she is somewhat of a legend for being a pain in the ass and that's it. never any talk of how she helped someone or did a good deed I know of quite a few people who quit hunting because of the harassment she gave them. they have moved her all over the state and always with negative results I would fight the ticket if I were you
God bless America and the farmer that feeds your fat ass
matrix 380 extra
triggertech single stage
Rooster string by Dan
Boo string with wiskers
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

Wow, that makes no sense.
As far as I know, even NY as bad as it is for everything else,allows for naturally made blinds, i.e. branches and brush.
How did your state come up with that rule?
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

That sucks Joe. Going to be tough to fight that one.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Dang when It said molested by the women warden I though maybe it was one of those old playboy reader stories about meeting the hot female warden in the woods and she makes a special case of checking to see that all your weapons function properly! :D

However reading it I hate to say she had u by the short and curlies (pordon the pun) as soon as you altered the man made blind by enhancing it with the natural materials which are illegal to make a blind out of.
Boomer81

Post by Boomer81 »

I really hope you can find the time to go fight this bogus ticket. This is absolutely a "letter of the law" vs "spirit of the law" issue.

The reg is clearly a safety deal. They dont want people making haphazard blinds that can allow movement to be seen within. Meaning the hunter may be mistaken for a turkey or deer in the brush. Makes sense.

But the fact that he was INSIDE a man made blind that totally blocked the detection of his movement, but happened to had placed brush outside to help break up his pattern, does not violate the spirit of the law/reg because he was still enclosed in a man made blind that blocked his movement and thus was just as safe as if he didnt have brush.

I am sure the judge would understand the situation and you would avoid your fine. The worst that can happen is you pay it and you lose a few hours of your time. The best would be not paying and them looking in to re-wording or changing the reg.
"Rumble"
Matrix 350LE Treestand Camo

"Ravage"
Micro Mag 340 Mossy Oak Camo
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME. I would most certainly fight this in court. Unless my comprehension is bad, I'd say you were not violating the law. Please fight this and then let us know what the outcome was. BTW, I was once a Warden myself and I still think she was wrong.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
dabluz

Post by dabluz »

Sometimes I'm sad by the way hunters are treated in Canada and each of the provinces when I see how americans can have fun with firearms and then....I'm sad by the way there are too many obscure unreasonable rules in the U.S.
Vortex
bobcat

Post by bobcat »

i hope you fight it and let us know how it works out. im in pa too and never would have given that a second thought.
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

So if it was true that you are in violation of the blind rules . Then you must locate your blind in an open clear cut area only at all times .
The fact that you are using a blind which meets the definition within the rules. makes you legal. The rule as I see it as it applies to the use of branches rocks etc.. Only applies if they are the primary materials of your intent blind which in your case is clearly not the case.
Otherwise the rules / law would also clearly indicate that the use a of man made material blind must also only be used in an area which is unobstructed. no trees, branches , rocks etc.
Sounds to me like the Warden is bending the law in order to stick it to you. Gambling that you will not step up an challenge her. You may find they / she knows very well that most people just pay the fine $$$ rather than take the time an effort to correct the injustice
I would challenge the fine charge for sure.

The fact that the definitions of what is legal and what is not is separated by very distinct paragraphs establishes that you primary blind is what takes
precedence in this situation not the surrounding structures especially when they are composed of green leafs and dead falls from a established growing trees. The reference to what is not legal is a very distinct one sentence paragraph which is indicated by its indentation of its structure / placement.

I would challenge the fine / charge for sure.

Once you pay the fine you have to remember it follows you going forward even if it was bogus in the first place if left unchallenged

My 2 cents