String talk

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Arrowflinger

String talk

Post by Arrowflinger »

Why are crossbow strings designed as to have to add so many twists to achieve the desired brace height? The stock string on my Matrix 350 when delivered was already installed on limbs but required multiple twists to get brace height correct. I recently purchased a JBK custom matrix string from Wyvernne which I initially thought to be to long; contacted them ,they sent string length for matrix which was 31.5inches; so I followed yall's advice and twisted the crap out of it . Brace height achieved and shootin great. Why so many twists? :?: :?:
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
xcaliber

Re: String talk

Post by xcaliber »

Sounds like the string is just made too long. Peter tells me they are the same length, and I have one going out Monday. We'll see if it fits! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Normous

Post by Normous »

Twisting is required due to the s t r e t c h, elasticity or creep in the string material used in the string bundle.
Also, each string maker has their own individual set up and technique or recipe that may differ between makers.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Arrowflinger wrote:Why are crossbow strings designed as to have to add so many twists to achieve the desired brace height? The stock string on my Matrix 350 when delivered was already installed on limbs but required multiple twists to get brace height correct. I recently purchased a JBK custom matrix string from Wyvernne which I initially thought to be to long; contacted them ,they sent string length for matrix which was 31.5inches; so I followed yall's advice and twisted the crap out of it . Brace height achieved and shootin great. Why so many twists? :?: :?:
I'm pretty sure your JBK string is a Endless Loop String which doesn't require very many twist at all unlike a Flemish twist which requires several to keep it from unraveling . Bottom line , Sounds like your String is too long .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Boo

Post by Boo »

Why don't you post a picture of the string installed on your bow so we can see what you're talking about?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Thanks for the interest; I'll try to post pics tomorrow.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
Boo

Post by Boo »

Arrowflinger wrote:Thanks for the interest; I'll try to post pics tomorrow.
That will help. Nothing wrong with lots of twists. If you look at some of Danny Miller's strings (he's Excalibur's string maker), you'll see lots of twists. The more twists, the more cushioning effect you get when the bow is shot.
Some people just like stepping on rakes