Arrow holder spring tension

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bigrak

Arrow holder spring tension

Post by bigrak »

Mine is scraping my arrows, any correct way to adjust the tension?

thanks.
Matrix 405 Mega, Hawke XB30 SR Pro
trigger tech, Dr Stirrup ' Tac Pac
BEE 20" 429gr. NAP spitfires 100gr. Ignitors
BD400 XB30 SR PRO DR. Stirrup.
New 420TD Assassin
hankenhunter

Re: Arrow holder spring tension

Post by hankenhunter »

Put a piece of shrink tubing on the end of your retainer.
Hank
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Mine came out of box too tight on my 350 LE ; did some searching on the forum and some of the guys had recommended just grasping the upper part giving it some support and just slightly pulling up with your hands on the bottom part. I bent it up to the desired height and has worked like a champ since then.EZ fix :wink:
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

I test mine first by eye. I like it about an 1/8 of the rail. I cock the crossbow load an arrow and with the crossbow pointed down give the bow a few good stiff shakes with both arms holding the bow. Then I make sure the arrow has not moved from against the string. If it moves a little bit the retention string needs to be pushed down to hold the arrow better.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Hillcountry

Post by Hillcountry »

Any thoughts on a "tight" spring retainer causing slower arrow speeds?
My Micro seems fine but I have had spring issues on my Mission MXB 360 trying to get the perfect tension on the spring that comes on it.
Excalibur Micro 355
Mission MXB 360
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

Just a word of caution,(especially in hunting situations)it is easy to lose track of making sure everything is in order before taking a shot if you are in too much of a hurry.

Please be careful to make sure your arrow is pushed back snug as far as it can go before shooting. This is important to check especially if your crossbow is hanging on a hook or jostled around before the shot. Making sure your arrow is pushed back will prevent a partial dry fire.
Boomer81

Post by Boomer81 »

My 350LE arrow retention spring was also really jammed down. To the point where almost half of the spring was against the rail. I tried bending it up as suggested but it still had a brutal angle and would scrape the hell out of the arrow shaft and vanes. I contacted Excal and they sent a replacement spring. The new one was more narrow and shorter than what came with my 350LE and works perfect. The only thing though, the screws that came with the spring were too long so the rear one interfered with the trigger function so make sure that the smaller screw (of the original) is in the rear if you ever do remove/replace the spring.
"Rumble"
Matrix 350LE Treestand Camo

"Ravage"
Micro Mag 340 Mossy Oak Camo