Excalibur cheek piece screw size?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kawaboy-zx11

Excalibur cheek piece screw size?

Post by kawaboy-zx11 »

any one know what size screw is used for the Excalibur cheek piece for a matrix? i really dont want to carry my crossbow into the hardware store to find the right screw. Thanks
L. E. Carroll

Re: Excalibur cheek piece screw size?

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Why not?

I would if thats what it took :wink: Besides it, just like my dog, likes to go to town once in a while and gets quite a lot of interest while there :shock:

As to screw size? I can't help as my 3 have not lost their screws yet. :lol:

Someone will come along shortly with the info you seek I'm sure, or you can call C/S or Danny Miller for your answer, and either place would most likely send you the needed screw.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

kawaboy-zx11 wrote:any one know what size screw is used for the Excalibur cheek piece for a matrix? i really dont want to carry my crossbow into the hardware store to find the right screw. Thanks
They would probably give you one.
kawaboy-zx11

Post by kawaboy-zx11 »

ok, i just figured it out, the screw is the same size as quiver mounting screws (10-24) and i have a bunch of left overs from different kwikee quivers. i think i am going to make my cheek piece out of PVC and foam pipe insulation. i will post some pics when its done. Thanks Dennis
kawaboy-zx11

Post by kawaboy-zx11 »

its done it raised it up about 3/4" which i found to be perfect with med weaver rings. best part is that it was free with stuff i had laying around in the garage :)Image Image
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Looks Great...you did very well.
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
dabluz

Post by dabluz »

kawaboy-zx11 wrote:its done it raised it up about 3/4" which i found to be perfect with med weaver rings. best part is that it was free with stuff i had laying around in the garage :)Image Image
Wow....great looking cheek rest. Can you give more details on how you made it?
Vortex
kawaboy-zx11

Post by kawaboy-zx11 »

sure, i just used a piece of pvc, i think it was 1" pvc i cut a small strip out of it length wise so it would fit over the lip on the stock, then i drilled a hole for the screw and attached it with the screw, then i glued a piece of foam pipe insulation on top of the pvc, you cant even see the screw. i used wood glue cuz i had a bottle laying around, it has never moved. im sure you could use just about any adhesive smeared on the pvc. after those pictures i used a black sharpie on the edges of the pvc, it looks better without the white ends of the pvc showing. if you wanted to remove the cheek piece you would have to peel the foam off the pvc to expose the screw.
Buzzard II

Post by Buzzard II »

Great idea and it was free! Homerun!
THE IMMENSE IMPORTANCE OF A PINT OF ALE TO A COMMON PERSON SHOULD NEVER BE OVERLOOKED!
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

kawaboy-zx11 wrote:sure, i just used a piece of pvc, i think it was 1" pvc i cut a small strip out of it length wise so it would fit over the lip on the stock, then i drilled a hole for the screw and attached it with the screw, then i glued a piece of foam pipe insulation on top of the pvc, you cant even see the screw. i used wood glue cuz i had a bottle laying around, it has never moved. im sure you could use just about any adhesive smeared on the pvc. after those pictures i used a black sharpie on the edges of the pvc, it looks better without the white ends of the pvc showing. if you wanted to remove the cheek piece you would have to peel the foam off the pvc to expose the screw.
good idea :!:
:idea: could drill hole through foam so the screw can be accessed so installation/removal would be possible
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
kawaboy-zx11

Post by kawaboy-zx11 »

yes that is correct, i checked the height before i glued it and it was good, so i knew i wouldnt be removing it anytime soon, it just looks a little cleaner without the screw hole in the foam.