Grizzly Tigger

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vpsaline

Re: Grizzly Tigger

Post by vpsaline »

odeman wrote:I was just target shooting my Grizzly this am and had the same thing happen, the safety was on.
Thanks for sharing odeman, I'd wager that the problem is quite common.
Micro_335 - Nikon Bolt XR - 15.5'' Zombies - Killzone 100GR
Matrix G340 - Nikon Bolt XR - Muzzy 100GR
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

vpsaline wrote:
odeman wrote:I was just target shooting my Grizzly this am and had the same thing happen, the safety was on.
I think to say it is quite common would be a stretch. The best advice i can give is to ship it to Excalibur and let them check it out. It's more than likely an isolated problem, but if there is more to it they can't solve it without the bow being affected in their possession. If everyone just install's a Trigger Tech they can't get to the bottom of it.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Boo

Post by Boo »

georgiaboy wrote:
vpsaline wrote:
I think to say it is quite common would be a stretch. The best advice i can give is to ship it to Excalibur and let them check it out. It's more than likely an isolated problem, but if there is more to it they can't solve it without the bow being affected in their possession. If everyone just install's a Trigger Tech they can't get to the bottom of it.
So very well said Jim!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
odeman

Post by odeman »

The bow fired with the safety in the safe position. If the trigger is partially pulled and then released and the safety is put back on, the bow will fire with the safety in the safe position.
Boo

Post by Boo »

odeman wrote:The bow fired with the safety in the safe position. If the trigger is partially pulled and then released and the safety is put back on, the bow will fire with the safety in the safe position.
:shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Definitely send this back to Excalibur ! Only other option I see is a TT trigger . DONT shoot this Xbow till you resolve the problem !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

So the fix is Excal will send all Grizzly owners Trigger Tech's? Never understood the pre-load fascination that some hunters have. Didn't TenPoint go thru this same issue? What ever happened to people buying a bow and using & shooting it how it was designed. People used to pre-load to get a better trigger pull! Spend the bucks & buy a TT or use the Grizzly the way it's intended! If it is a safety issue it should be a recall!! I promise my next coffee will be decafe!!! :lol:
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Tim50 wrote:So the fix is Excal will send all Grizzly owners Trigger Tech's? Never understood the pre-load fascination that some hunters have. Didn't TenPoint go thru this same issue? What ever happened to people buying a bow and using & shooting it how it was designed. People used to pre-load to get a better trigger pull! Spend the bucks & buy a TT or use the Grizzly the way it's intended! If it is a safety issue it should be a recall!! I promise my next coffee will be decafe!!! :lol:
I didn't say ANYTHING about Excal putting a TT in it or anybody else's !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Tim50

Post by Tim50 »

8pt this was not directed at your post....
vpsaline

Post by vpsaline »

farm3rbrian wrote:I have had no issues with my trigger pulls. I don't have sloppy travel or "space" for lack of a better word, so when I pull the trigger it fires.
I've just sent mine in for service. I hope when it comes back it's just as good as you described 8) 8)
vpsaline

Re: Grizzly Trigger

Post by vpsaline »

I just got my grizzly back from rma service. I spent close to three hours shooting it today and I'm rather pleased with the improved trigger 'feel'. It got some lube at the shop and new trigger+safety parts installed. There's no more metal on metal creep feeling when pulling the trigger. I wish that the trigger fired sooner without as much travel, similar to how farm3rbrian describes his, but I can live with it as is I think.

However, I'm sad to say that the safety issue persists. If I abort a trigger pull, I still can't re-engage the safety because the trigger doesn't rebound to it's initial resting position. I'm at a loss as to what to do about it at this point.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

thats interesting. :?: assuming your trigger is something like 3.5 lbs. and your on target ready to shoot you then pull the trigger somewhere through the first 0-3.4 pounds and deciding not to shoot. ive never had that much travel in any Excalibur trigger to be able to do that. i would send it back for another look. maybe hunt down a TT 2 stage trigger if your prone to putting that kinda pressure on a trigger before committing.
Shadytree

Post by Shadytree »

I'm sorry people are giving you a hard time about your technique. I can tell you that you are in the right. It is not your technique, it's the trigger. Excal triggers are VERY simple. The safety is just a cam that slides over the back of the sear to block it from going up. It sounds like you have so much engagement in your sear that it is moving up to the point that the safety can no longer be enagaged. I think a phone call to Excal would help set things straight. I am sure they'd want this fixed as it is their necks on the line.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

hey joe! :mrgreen:
vpsaline

Post by vpsaline »

I received a stronger trigger spring then the oem one. I'm wondering if it should be installed behind part A or part B.

The idea behind the stronger spring is to help the trigger return better.

It's not clear which.

Thanks