Grizzly Tigger

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vpsaline

Grizzly Tigger

Post by vpsaline »

While shooting my Grizzly the other day, I noticed that if I preload the trigger while the string is cocked, it stays preloaded even after I release my finger from it. My next thought was to try to re-engage the safety, and lo and behold the safety doesn't fully re-engage anymore. The user may think the that the safety is fully engaged again but it's not, the bow will still fire everytime even though the safety latch is pressed downwards.

This seems to me like an accident just waiting to happen.

What should I do from here?
[*]I bought the bow to lend to a friend but now I'm hesitant because of this safety/trigger issue. :evil:
[*]I wasn't pleased at all with the trigger feel to begin with and this safety issues just adds to my existing frustrations. I used to think that the trigger had 3 stages of creep but now that I've shot it many many time, I've noticed that it really has 4-5 stages. :evil:

Should I open a warranty ticket? Is it realistic to expect a replacement trigger unit from a different/safer model you think? My micro doesn't suffer from this problem AT ALL. If I do open a warranty ticket do I have to ship the entire bow back, that sounds costly and inefficient, no...?
Micro_335 - Nikon Bolt XR - 15.5'' Zombies - Killzone 100GR
Matrix G340 - Nikon Bolt XR - Muzzy 100GR
Boo

Re: SERIOUS safety issue with the Grizzly Tigger

Post by Boo »

You may have some debris between your trigger housing and the lower sear where the trigger lever attaches to or a defective trigger unit.
Either way start here; http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/service
Stop preloading the trigger and it's probably most prudent to stop using the bow all together until you start a dialogue with Excalibur.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

That why ALWAYS treat any weapon with respect and always keep it aimed away from things you don't want to shoot.
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Why would you preload the trigger this practice is dangerous . It is not how excalibur intended it to be used. Im sure there gonna tell you the same
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
vpsaline

Post by vpsaline »

Maybe preload isn't the right term, I just mean to press the trigger through parts of it's travel prior to the bolt going off.

Is there another Grizzly owner out there who can perform the same test?
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

I understand your concern, but as others have stated - why are you pulling the trigger half way and stopping?? Finish pulling the trigger and you'll have no issue.Safety would dictate you don't put your finger on the trigger of anything unless you are going to fire it.
Spike Country

Post by Spike Country »

Get that trigger serviced, Excal will make it better!

I know what the vpsaline is saying, Some of these newer bows seem to have a very long, creepy, dragging trigger. Now just imagine starting to squeeze that trigger on a deer and have it move and you have to let up before getting through that long pull. Hard to understand if you haven't pulled the trigger on one of these bad triggers.
With that said I love my light TT triggers! :mrgreen:
MICHIGAN MEAT HUNTER "Shooting Tomorrows Trophies Today"
Proud member of the Michigan Crossbow Federation!
vpsaline

Post by vpsaline »

Thanks Spike, at least someone understands exactly what I'm talking about.
farm3rbrian

Post by farm3rbrian »

Certainly didn,t notice any "stages" on my Grizzly! Good solid trigger. Can hold with pressure until I finish my pull. Works fine. No reason to preload that I can see
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them. (My Mother)
Boo

Post by Boo »

vpsaline wrote:Thanks Spike, at least someone understands exactly what I'm talking about.
I get it as well. Under normal circumstances, you should be able to get on the trigger and then change your mind about shooting. I get that, but you should be able to put the safety back on.
I had that once after laying the bow down in tall grass. Turned out that a grass seed was stuck between the trigger housing and the lower sear. That tiny seed prevented the trigger from fully returning which stops the safety from being applied.
At minimum, speak to Peter.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

What feels tremendously long is only .030-.035 travel . :shock:
So if you get something in there it will stop full engagement .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
vpsaline

Post by vpsaline »

farm3rbrian wrote:Certainly didn,t notice any "stages" on my Grizzly! Good solid trigger. Can hold with pressure until I finish my pull. Works fine. No reason to preload that I can see
Are you able to re-engage the safety after aborting a trigger pull?
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

If you think your Grizzly has an issue please send it to us and we will check it out for you. Sometimes the trigger is tight when new, try lubricating it and shooting it and they normally loosen up on their own. If not, we can fix it.

Peter
farm3rbrian

Re: Grizzly Tigger

Post by farm3rbrian »

As I stated, I have had no issues with my trigger pulls. I don't have sloppy travel or "space" for lack of a better word, so when I pull the trigger it fires. As Peter suggested, and others, get Excal to check it out. I shoot a lot in my back yard and there are many distractions. I have engaged and disengaged the safety numerous times on one shot, and never had a problem with that.
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey, for tomorrow I may have to eat them. (My Mother)
odeman

Re: Grizzly Tigger

Post by odeman »

I was just target shooting my Grizzly this am and had the same thing happen, the safety was on. Glad the bow was pointed at the target, lost the bolt in the woods behind target. The creep has been getting worse, to the point it takes forever for it to go off. Some times it goes off quickly other times it goes through 4-5 stages before it will go off. Had enough, just ordered a trigger tech trigger from Wyverns.