Boo custom strings and Trigger tech

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Boo custom strings and Trigger tech

Post by Carnivorous »

Hundreds of shots on this string still looking good. Looks like I got a good trigger and the quality string/serving should last a few hundred more shots.. :)

A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.

Re: Boo custom strings and Trigger tech

Post by newbie »

what bow Jeff?
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

newbie wrote:what bow Jeff?
Micro 315. Can't stop shooting it.. lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

I have Boo strings on 2 - 380's and 1 Bull Dog and they all look good and last long time.
Normous

Post by Normous »

All my Boo strings have not needed to be reserved yet and I punish them, over and over!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Don's been making strings longer than I have been on the forum. He makes one top notch string. :D
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Don makes a GREAT string ! Very Generous person also ! He Set's an example for all of us here on the forum to follow .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Yep, all of the above! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I love my strings and I love my triggers too :D Don builds a great string, but he's an even better person...very generous indeed.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
SEW

Post by SEW »

When I first got my M380 4 years ago, the Boo string web site helped me more than anything else. I got 2 of his strings. One has over 1,000 shots and the other nearly that many. They've been used on both my 380 and 405 and left cocked for 100s of hunting hours. Neither have been reserved yet.
Don has always been there to help integrate me into the Excal world.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I used to be paranoid about my brace height, monitor it with a micrometer. I have had the same Boo string on my bow for about 7 years. It isn't as pretty as it was when I got it, but it is flawless with performance. It doesn't creep, and it has never let me down. Couldn't count the 1000s of arrows it has launched, the odd re-serve and it is good to go. When I take it off the bow it stands straight out like a piece of dowel. I have a few more on reserve on my bow wall, along with 3 other Excalibur's, each sporting a Boo string. I do not see myself needing 3 spares in my lifetime.
Archery is about confidence in equipment, this is one item I never think twice about.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Please help me here and forgive my ignorance. In the photo shown is that "normal" serving wear. I saw a lot of fuzzy stuff going on there. :?: would someone be kind enough to elaborate?
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I burn the fuzz off with a lighter. The serving should keep the metal from contacting the string, so fuzzy is ok, it is the separation you have to watch for.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Thanks for the explanation;but I'll just have to trust you on the lighter trick 8)
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

agingcrossbower wrote:Don's been making strings longer than I have been on the forum. He makes one top notch string. :D
Longer than you've been on the forum....hell Don's been making strings since way back when broadheads were made of flint!! :shock: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads