TT 2 stage with issues/ with UP-DATE

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: TT 2 stage with issues

Post by xcaliber »

bigrak wrote:I just sent my Trigger Tech back for eating up the servings on the left latch.
The trigger also was very sloppy side to side..... I'll post an update when I get it back.
The sloppy side to side is only when the trigger is not loaded. Once the bow is cocked, that goes away on the two I currently have. I'm not trying to sell the TT, and have no affiliation with them, receive no gifts, kickbacks, hunting opportunities, etc. I just like their products, and find mine to be very nice, crisp, and consistent. 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bigrak

Post by bigrak »

xcaliber wrote:
bigrak wrote:I just sent my Trigger Tech back for eating up the servings on the left latch.
The trigger also was very sloppy side to side..... I'll post an update when I get it back.
The sloppy side to side is only when the trigger is not loaded. Once the bow is cocked, that goes away on the two I currently have. I'm not trying to sell the TT, and have no affiliation with them, receive no gifts, kickbacks, hunting opportunities, etc. I just like their products, and find mine to be very nice, crisp, and consistent. 8)
I compared it side by side to the original trigger. The 405 is "so snug" side to side tolerance.
Why could that be? :?
Thanks.
Matrix 405 Mega, Hawke XB30 SR Pro
trigger tech, Dr Stirrup ' Tac Pac
BEE 20" 429gr. NAP spitfires 100gr. Ignitors
BD400 XB30 SR PRO DR. Stirrup.
New 420TD Assassin
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Roy, I almost sent my first one back for this reason. Without having both to measure, i cannot accurately answer that question, but call TT, they really will answer all your questions. I found the sideways to be gone upon cocking the bow.
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Up-date !

Hawke is going to stand behind their warranty and repair it if possible. However, since the 1.5x5 XB30 Compact is a discontinued model, they offered up a Top Of The Line new 1-5x XB30 pro SR for the amount of $60 as it is that much more retail, than the discontinued Compact sold for... I'm more than happy with that offer and the scope along with the MO ( if needed, if not they will return it to me and leave the payee section blank so I can cash it in ) is starting it's return trip tomorrow for repair or replacement. Evidence of a Great Warranty and CS department. :wink:

In calling TT with my trigger issue, I was advised of their way of following thru on the trigger pull.... I told them I'd give it a try.. He also told me that if it did not improve he could give me a new replacement Single Stage 2 1/2# as a replacement as they have no more 2 stage triggers in stock and will be making none in the future.. He even offered to get one in the mail even before mine arrived back at their factory... That's definate CS.. I told him I would shoot it the way they advised and see how it went.. You just KNOW it had to rain after our conversation :roll: . I'll try it when the sun comes out and see how it does and let him know the results.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier

Re: TT 2 stage with issues/ with UP-DATE

Post by newbie »

Thats great CS for sure Gene... what was expected from both.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Cannot beat that with a stick Gene. :D So what is this trigger sequence that they recommend?
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Excellent!
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

They reccomend that once the trigger pull is started that you pull clear thru the cycle until the trigger stops, rather than releasing it as soon as the shot release takes place...
I'm in the process of retraining myself as in the past I "let up" on the trigger once the shot has taken place.

Gene
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Scamp tralier
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

L. E. Carroll wrote:They reccomend that once the trigger pull is started that you pull clear thru the cycle until the trigger stops, rather than releasing it as soon as the shot release takes place...
I'm in the process of retraining myself as in the past I "let up" on the trigger once the shot has taken place.

Gene
Thanks Gene, that is something to practice on. :D
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

Gene, I am glad that you seem to have everything resolved without losing much money.
I went through a learning curve with my TT also. I learned that if I pull the trigger all the way back each shot, all was fine. If I released the trigger as soon as the shot, I would have the same problem.
To me that gives the term "follow through" a whole new meaning!
It has taken some practice for me to get in to that habit of "extreme follow through".
Again, glad all is well on your end. 8)

Max
Normous

Post by Normous »

quote="L. E. Carroll"],
"As too trigger technique, I was a competative shooter with handguns, shotguns and rifles ( small bore indoor match ) for many years before retireing from it... Now just a ocassional trip to the trap range... and backyard work to keep my skills up with the Glock and Kimber... I can't emagine anything in my trigger routein (sp?) that could have contributed to the issue... As I said it worked fine for some time before this became an issue."
Thank's Gene[/quote]

It is never too late to learn something new even for a guy who thinks he knows everything.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Never said I did.. :lol: :lol: That's why I seem to ask what may be considered by some to be "Stupid" questions ? :roll: from those here that actually do.

I figure, "I'm never to Old to Learn".

Gene :mrgreen:
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Scamp tralier
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

An additional Up-date,

I called Hawke today to see how my scope issue was being handled? After doing a computer tracking number check, I was informed my Brand New 1x5 XB30 SR Pro looks to be arriving at my Post Office this morning.

I was allowed the full suggested re-tail price of the discontinued 1x5 XB 30 Compact towards the Top of the line New 1x5 XB30 SR Pro. I did also give them an additional $60.00 which I was happy to send to make this scope issue a current..... Non-issue. :D :wink:

Gene :P
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Scamp tralier
FORVOLS

Post by FORVOLS »

Thats good news on the CS for both, I think you will really like the new scope.
MATRIX 355
HAWKE XB1
Trigger Tech Trigger
20in BEE
Various broadheads
Quick, accurate, simple