scope options in Ontario

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Quintehunter

scope options in Ontario

Post by Quintehunter »

Finally had a chance to try my Grizzly out on some foam animals...first 7 or 8 targets shots hit exactly where aimed, but after that things fell apart. First 4 inches right of point of aim, then 6 inches right...you see where this is headed! After a couple more targets and hitting almost a foot to the right of where I was aimed @ 30 yards, I headed back to the targets to check the zero. At 30 yards it took 12 clicks on the Deadzone to bring it back to center.

Is my scope done or do I give it another chance? If it's done, where do I find a better quality scope in Eastern Ontario? Like Hawke or Nikon, etc...
L. E. Carroll

Re: scope options in Ontario

Post by L. E. Carroll »

x2 ...... check them all and use blue loctite if you find them loose.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Quintehunter

Post by Quintehunter »

You guys are good! That's the first thing I checked and everything was good. I checked the scope rail and mounting rings. Are there others that I have missed?
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I'd check both the trigger to rail screws (you have to remove the stock to do this) and the scope base to trigger screws also using blue loctite or fingernail polish if found to be loose.. Then make sure the stock to rail screws are snug as you re-attach the stock.

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Quintehunter

Post by Quintehunter »

So just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly...there are two more screws I can't see that I need to check. Does anyone have a picture that shows what I'm looking for?
Boo

Post by Boo »

Take your stock off and look at the under-side of the mainframe. You can't miss the two allen screws that hold the trigger unit to the mainframe.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Quintehunter

Post by Quintehunter »

Thanks! Just found the Triggertech installation video. It really isn't rocket science!!! LOL
Quintehunter

Post by Quintehunter »

That really is a simple task to take off the stock! The forward trigger screw was a bit loose, but would that be enough to cause my POI to move right a foot at 30 yards?
Hopefully I'll find out by the weekend when I can get out to shoot again...
GunsiteScout

Post by GunsiteScout »

I had the same problem setting up my first xbow. I couldn't keep the shots consistent every time I adjusted the scope. A co-conspirator watched me for a while and then handed me his rope cocking aid. Turns out it was me all the time. I couldn't believe how much my groups shrunk after I bought one.
Quintehunter

Post by Quintehunter »

Finally got another chance to shoot this thing. Once I tore it apart and found the trigger mounting screws loose, I loctited everything and put it all back together. Only took a couple clicks on the scope to have it zeroed back in and was shooting 1" groups @ 40 yards from the bench. Hopefully it stays this time and I don't need to look for a scope...

Post by newbie »

first thing to check when having zeroing issues. you can chase it all month otherwise.
glad to see it was a simple fix
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

TT says to not over tighten the trigger box screws. I give them a bit of extra torque to avoid these issues.. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Quintehunter

Post by Quintehunter »

newbie wrote:first thing to check when having zeroing issues. you can chase it all month otherwise.
Being new to crossbows, I didn't even know they were there. I still may upgrade the scope, but now there's no rush to do it.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Quintehunter wrote:
newbie wrote:first thing to check when having zeroing issues. you can chase it all month otherwise.
Being new to crossbows, I didn't even know they were there. I still may upgrade the scope, but now there's no rush to do it.
You will never regret upgrading to quality optics. Especially when that monster buck is in front of your tree stand.. :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.