Bulldog 400 Brace Height

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

CT.HNTR

Bulldog 400 Brace Height

Post by CT.HNTR »

I have read several posts indicating the ideal brace height for a Bulldog 400 is 2.00 inches from the riser seam. This puts the string 1/2 inch off the bumpers?

Does this seem too far?
Matrix Bulldog 440
BOO Custom Strings
Vortex Crossfire II
18 Inch Zombies with 110 Grain Brass Inserts
125 Grain Slick tricks
2 Inch Blazer Vanes with Right Helical
Arrowflinger

Re: Bulldog 400 Brace Height

Post by Arrowflinger »

Your manual should indicate the parameters
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
SEW

Post by SEW »

Regardless of how far it seems, this is the fastest brace height for my BD400. A lower brace height just slowed it down.
SGRAW

Post by SGRAW »

CT.HNTR wrote:I have read several posts indicating the ideal brace height for a Bulldog 400 is 2.00 inches from the riser seam. This puts the string 1/2 inch off the bumpers?

Does this seem too far?
I too am trying to find the sweet spot on my new bulldog as well. Seems a lot on personal preference and how much you want to replace the suppressor pads and sacrifice speed. Since the manual says nothing about the bulldog series I must assume we are in the same category as the matrix which is 1/2"-1.5". Mine is currently at 1.5" but the string is touching the reds dampener pads and making good smack marks which leads me to believe even with rotating them they will need replacement sooner than later. I have read about people keeping them about 1/8" off to extend the life of them. I think I may try this wishing I had a speedo to see how much speed I'd lose
ThunderXB

Post by ThunderXB »

I have been trying to get this answer from Excal for my BD400.

They told me 1/4'' off of the factory REDs.

I use the Dr Stirrup bumpers and they want the string lightly touching, and that makes my brace height 1 3/4" from the riser seam ( and no, I haven't chronographed it)
Bulldog 400, Hawke XB30, JBK string, Dr S, TriggerT
405 Matrix, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64
405 Matrix Blackout, XBR, HAA, DM string, TT, ti64