Nap spitfire crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

Nap spitfire crossbow

Post by hunter with MS »

Has anyone used the nap spitfire crossbow / If you have what is your opinion of them ? Did they open in flight ? What speed and pound draw crossbow did you use ? I am looking for something in 125 Grain to use on the matrix 330
longbow joe

Re: Nap spitfire crossbow

Post by longbow joe »

Ive used the spit 125 crossbow out of my 330 /355 for years many critters use em with confidence i assure you they will not open in your 330 .lol I have a post on a nap trivex its the same as spit . But cabellas sells it as a lazer strike 2 crossbow with a o ring design there rated to 400 fps my buddy shoots em outta,his 405 no problemo. Both great no hassle killer heads
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

my SPITFIRES 100GR were made in 1996..They do not open and I believe they were not made for crossbows maybe so but I bought them for my recurve FredBear bow was trying to see if they would work on heavy cedar arrows on a Buck ...
Phillyarcher

Post by Phillyarcher »

I have shot the regular Spitfire 125 grain using my Vortex and then I switched to the Spitfire Max 125 grain and I have shot them out of the 335 Mirco. I did pick up the xbow 125 grain and have not had any problems with any of them out of both the Vortex and Micro.
Excal Vortex
Excal Micro 335
NAP Spitfire Max 125 grain
Hawke XB Pro 30 SR
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Something I did notice which I am calling NAP this week is my 1996 spitfire points the blades come out loose a little..New points I got the blades stay in tight and points have long lines down outside..1996 points were never shot but there is difference in tightness of those vrs my new 2016 points....
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

If you still got broadheads from 1996 .....some buddys gotta go out woodchuck crossbow huntin. .thatl take care of that problem !
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

longbow joe wrote:If you still got broadheads from 1996 .....some buddys gotta go out woodchuck crossbow huntin. .thatl take care of that problem !
lol....Nap was surprised I had new in yellow box 3 spitfires ..date is march 1996...I took the new blades from 2 new points and put them on my target points they spun on marbles fine ..So now have 3 great balanced hunting points and 2 target points not so balanced but I got them fairly balanced with rubber washer idea..Washers took almost all wobble out of those 2 points ..

my bear and zewicky points are from 1965 area but a lot of Buck hair on those babys...
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I talked to NAP today.Its nice to have someone answer phone these days..The standard points which mine were in 1996 and I believe they did not make crossbow spitfire then..As long as its under 340fps in Crossbow you can use standard points like i have from 1996..If it higher I would use dental bands on the standard points they did not rec that I did.......

standard points are loser on blades they do not sit in tighter like Crossbow spitfires..Crossbow ones blades sit in tight in point ..

All 3 of my new Crossbow points spun perfect on marble spinner older 1996 ones 2 did not and NAP as Honest co said they had problem WAYBACK with alignment on the little point with bevel edges..Out of box of 5 including practice points from 1996, 2 were unbalanced not much but enough that I had to call ...