Tact Zone scope issue

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: Tact Zone scope issue

Post by amythntr »

.....without reading through all of the gory details of the previous posts and without bashing Excalibur for their decision to continue with this scope with all of the posts about people not being happy with the scope....I cannot understand why they cannot work out a deal with LP to provide it as an option to those who want to go that route at the onset....and it doesn't have to be Leupold as there are other great scopes also...just saying!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

amythntr wrote:.....without reading through all of the gory details of the previous posts and without bashing Excalibur for their decision to continue with this scope with all of the posts about people not being happy with the scope....I cannot understand why they cannot work out a deal with LP to provide it as an option to those who want to go that route at the onset....and it doesn't have to be Leupold as there are other great scopes also...just saying!

Tony, I am happy with my 2 TZ scopes....lighted optics and when I zero it real nice brought the poi right to orange target sticker at 30yds.scope is clear when adjusted..
optics are not real big like a leupold gun scope but to me its great but if i was shooting target and anal and wanted better yes go to Leupold but for me shooting at 40 yds in yard and hunting Buck out to my limit of 35 yards this scope isjust great...
TPM

Post by TPM »

amythntr wrote:.....without reading through all of the gory details of the previous posts and without bashing Excalibur for their decision to continue with this scope with all of the posts about people not being happy with the scope....I cannot understand why they cannot work out a deal with LP to provide it as an option to those who want to go that route at the onset....and it doesn't have to be Leupold as there are other great scopes also...just saying!

I agree. I'm not a fan of the Tact Zone. You should not have to fight with or get used to any scope to be able to shoot well with it. I don't know why Excal continues to use these things especially on higher end bows. There are many great scope options out there. I would love to see Excal go back to selling all models without scopes.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

What do you have to get used too on the TACT-ZONE scope?So far mine is great but this is only scope in crossbow I have used but I cannot find anything wrong
other than if I wanted better scope it would have a big rear lense like rifle scope ...I shot this in dark with lighted recticles and Lumenocks and it was hoot..
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

You can get bare bows. I don't think Excalibur would be better off adding $100-$300 on their bows for better optics.
How many other companies have high end optics on their bows ? This is a short range game for most owners. And for those who like to shoot long range they would most likely up grade anyway. Some like red dots or reflex sights. Some people would put a top brand name scope on a slingshot .
If you want a bow with fancy mounts , high end scope , custom arrows and quiver ,one point sling, bipod, range finder......There is NO way Excalibur can put together custom kits that makes everyone happy. So buy a bare bow and start shopping around and build one. But I think must people like to open up the box put a few screws in and start shooting .
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
TPM

Post by TPM »

sproulman wrote:What do you have to get used too on the TACT-ZONE scope?So far mine is great but this is only scope in crossbow I have used but I cannot find anything wrong
other than if I wanted better scope it would have a big rear lense like rifle scope ...I shot this in dark with lighted recticles and Lumenocks and it was hoot..
I only tried one TZ but I found the clarity rather poor, bad halo effect around the outer edges and it was very unforgiving when it came to eye relief. Try a few other scopes and you'll see what I mean. Of all the scopes that Excal has ever marketed I'd say the Twilight DLX was the best though I currently use a Hawke.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I have never once heard even a discussion regarding the higher end scopes about any kind of issue...remember, I am saying giving people the OPTION for a different scope...my opinion is there is a great deal of PROFIT in these scopes for Excalibur...which won't exist for the higher end scopes...hence the business decision IS to MAXIMIZE profits...which is understandable...but then give people the option for a bare bones bow at a minimum...again just my opinion!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

[quote="amythntr"]but then give people the option for a bare bones bow at a minimum...again just my opinion!
[/quote

Try Woody's or Wyvren's.
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330

Post by newbie »

just a hunch that more deer are shot with an Excalibur bow with a cheap scope sitting on it then a luepold :wink:.
the pacage scopes serve their intended purpose quite well. It us here i bet are in the minority that feel the need for a 400 plus dollar scope sitting on it.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

newbie wrote:just a hunch that more deer are shot with an Excalibur bow with a cheap scope sitting on it then a luepold :wink:.
the pacage scopes serve their intended purpose quite well. It us here i bet are in the minority that feel the need for a 400 plus dollar scope sitting on it.
...so what's on your bow Mikey? :roll:

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings

Post by newbie »

amythntr wrote:
newbie wrote:just a hunch that more deer are shot with an Excalibur bow with a cheap scope sitting on it then a luepold :wink:.
...so what's on your bow Mikey? :roll:

you know full well whats on my bow. ..re read my last sentence above Anthony.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

newbie wrote:just a hunch that more deer are shot with an Excalibur bow with a cheap scope sitting on it then a luepold .
You Sir just hit the nail squarely on the head. :D
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

TPM wrote:
sproulman wrote:What do you have to get used too on the TACT-ZONE scope?So far mine is great but this is only scope in crossbow I have used but I cannot find anything wrong
I only tried one TZ but I found the clarity rather poor, bad halo effect around the outer edges and it was very unforgiving when it came to eye relief. Try a few other scopes and you'll see what I mean. Of all the scopes that Excal has ever marketed I'd say the Twilight DLX was the best though I currently use a Hawke.
You are not alone on Halo effect I think vixen said it was like looking thru pop bottle with TZ..I do not see the Halo in my scopes as I adjusted eye relief real good but it is like pop bottle compared to my rifle Leupold scopes..I am person that only scope I looked thru is TZ and for me shooting in yard at 35 yards and in woods it is just fine for me Buck hunting this fall ..Some may say you are causing some to buy this scope I guess by me saying its FINE for me they will buy this scope..I think most cannot try a scope before they buy it and read info here but most just want a bow/scope they can take out of box ,practice and go Buck hunting etc ....Most would not know difference from high end scope to package scope unless they could shoot bow with both on...

When TASCO first came out everyone was running for one..Only thing I saw wrong with them was same as the TZ it was small rear lense to look thru but very clear I have one I paid 80 dollars new..My leupold are over 400 bucks same clarity but much bigger rear lense ..

From reading here on folks that moved up to great scope vrs the TZ which is topic no doubt that move up is better scope BUT for us Buck hunters shooting out to 35 yards and shooting in yard is TZ really that bad?

I guess we all have to decide but without offending anyone on my opinion remember this is my first crossbow I really shot a lot.

I just pulled up my Horton legend with top package scope back then..It was 4x32 ..Back lense is smaller than the TZ but inside looking thru it I think circle is little bigger..BOTH scopes seem clear I kind of like the crosshairs better on horton vari scope vrs the TZ with the dot but thats just me..Horton scope was package scope then..

my TZ is clear ,yes I had to adjust the rear lense way out and yes there is only for me a slight turn to get it clear I mean slight turn where my rifle scopes you can turn 4 times before they start to blur..

I do not want folks going out and buying this scope and say its not for me ,it is FINE for me but again I have not looked thru better scopes no doubt that better scopes are better but I really SO FAR am happy with this scope lighted etc and clear for me when adjusted SLOWLY and looking thru a smaller view than you can most likely get with better scopes..

For hunting Buck at 35 yards from treestand 18 ft up and shooting in yard at 30 yards ,well its fine for me SO FAR at close to 100 shots out of it ..
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

LongCarbine wrote:
newbie wrote:just a hunch that more deer are shot with an Excalibur bow with a cheap scope sitting on it then a luepold .
You Sir just hit the nail squarely on the head. :D

You are correct ..The TZ is not very cheap scope if you buy it also I seen them over 200 bucks before I got mine...I used to say at range I WOULD NEVER PUT TASCO ON MY RIFLE.To this day I have not but out of 20 in our gang 18 had cheap Bushnells/tasco on their very expensive rifles and all shot Bucks in our crew..I was only one with the 400 dollar Leupolds on my rifles and not too show off at all but I felt they were best american scope ..Never heard of fog up problem with any of those cheap scopes and trust me they got dropped etc in woods...

The only problem and same with TZ and other package scopes I think is smaller view looking thru scopes vrs the expensive scopes but again I am not expert on better crossbow scopes only expert on rifle expensive scopes...
Boo

Post by Boo »

I agree with you Mike, everything that comes in a package that Excalibur sells works.
Two things come to mind. One is how varied our expecations are. Some expect the clairity and reliability of a Leupold and some only care if things are functional. Another thing that comes to mind is that there is not one manufacturer that includes a scope that you and I as well as many here use to hunt with.
If the majority rules, then the cheap scopes win. I guess in the end, we all have different expecrations. Happiness is all about managing your expectations.
Some people just like stepping on rakes