Tact Zone scope issue

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Re: Tact Zone scope issue

Post by paulaboutform »

I think we're all saying the same thing, just hearing it differently. Is the tz a quality scope? In my opinion, no. Is it able to function at a level to please many people and get the job done? You bet, providing something doesn't go sideways at an inopportune time. I think it boils down to expectations and perception. As Sproul pointed out, he's happy with his tz scope and it suits his needs perfectly. I think his sentiments represent most people shooting crossbows as a back yard occasional shooter and hunting tool. I also agree completely with Newbie in that we're probably a minority on this forum and taking our bows to a level far exceeding what normal people would consider sane. Yes, I just put my words in Mike's mouth....you guys are a little crazy! :shock: :mrgreen:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.

Post by newbie »

paulaboutform wrote:I think we're all saying the same thing, just hearing it differently. Is the tz a quality scope? In my opinion, no. Is it able to function at a level to please many people and get the job done? You bet, providing something doesn't go sideways at an inopportune time. I think it boils down to expectations and perception. As Sproul pointed out, he's happy with his tz scope and it suits his needs perfectly. I think his sentiments represent most people shooting crossbows as a back yard occasional shooter and hunting tool. I also agree completely with Newbie in that we're probably a minority on this forum and taking our bows to a level far exceeding what normal people would consider sane. Yes, I just put my words in Mike's mouth....you guys are a little crazy! :shock: :mrgreen:

Paul
No worries Paul ive met a few from this forum..... crazy isn't all that bad.... :mrgreen:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Boo wrote:
newbie wrote:just a hunch that more deer are shot with an Excalibur bow with a cheap scope sitting on it then a luepold :wink:.
the pacage scopes serve their intended purpose quite well. It us here i bet are in the minority that feel the need for a 400 plus dollar scope sitting on it.
I agree with you Mike, everything that comes in a package that Excalibur sells works.
Two things come to mind. One is how varied our expecations are. Some expect the clairity and reliability of a Leupold and some only care if things are functional. Another thing that comes to mind is that there is not one manufacturer that includes a scope that you and I as well as many here use to hunt with.
If the majority rules, then the cheap scopes win. I guess in the end, we all have different expecrations. Happiness is all about managing your expectations.

.....Oh really! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :mrgreen:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Boo wrote:
newbie wrote:just a hunch that more deer are shot with an Excalibur bow with a cheap scope sitting on it then a luepold :wink:.
the pacage scopes serve their intended purpose quite well. It us here i bet are in the minority that feel the need for a 400 plus dollar scope sitting on it.
I agree with you Mike, everything that comes in a package that Excalibur sells works.
Two things come to mind. One is how varied our expecations are. Some expect the clairity and reliability of a Leupold and some only care if things are functional. Another thing that comes to mind is that there is not one manufacturer that includes a scope that you and I as well as many here use to hunt with.
If the majority rules, then the cheap scopes win. I guess in the end, we all have different expecrations. Happiness is all about managing your expectations.
Back when I got my Horton crossbow they offered open fixed sights as standard and upgrade to Vari-zone 4x32 scope so you did not have to buy bow with scope on it and I think upgrade was 200 bucks then..Only thing I would change on TZ is I do not like dot in middle but most likely done so lighted thing would work and that is Great for bucks at Dusk....With crosshairs in middle no doubt my groups would be better even tho at 30 yards I am hitting shot after shot in those little orange stick on dots with TZ scope...
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Here is good one on why some say scope is not clear.for months i have shot the tact zone and no problems tonight I could not adjust it to see clear no matter how i adjusted it.This morning it was clear ..

so i spent 3 hrs on computer today and it affected my eyes so bad that 5 hrs later it is still no clear on things very slightly..

so a person could blame scope when its our eyes..I was warned not to stay on computer for that long go on say for 30 minutes shut it down..

will see in morning if scope is clear if not its the scope but I bet it is clear in morning..at 62 our eyes are not as good as 18 I believe but computers are doing a job on my eyes...
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

I had friend just get his TACT -ZONE scope and crosshairs turned sideways after just 10 shots...So from what I am reading there are some that had issues about Tact-zone with 10 shots and others went year or so before something happened like the recticles did not light up anymore..

SO FAR, my 2 are working ok with 100 shots on one and 30 on other...I have vari-zone scope made by Horton that is old and its clear as ever ...

most of the problems I read are halo thing in scope by some that got rid of them...
Crowell392

Post by Crowell392 »

I received my new warranty replacement tact zone scope and after 80 hsots the reticle is turning inside the scope housing again. So looks like I will be ordering a Hawke XB30 pro scope. I will send this tactzone in for warranty then be selling the warranty replacement.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Hoping someone would comment 2 scopes doing same thing to same person....Anyone else having this issue?
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

Got a Tack zone on mine
it's as clear at my glasses and shoots dead on!
No complaints;)
Micro 355
Hawke xb30 pro scope T&T Triger boo force 10 string Zombie slayers 16.5 arrows c/w right helical blazer vanes aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Micro 315
Tact zone scope force 10 string 16" inch executioner arrows aluminum nocks or lumenoks
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

Trentco 1

By the sounds of all these continuing negative TZ scope posts, :shock:

I would guess you and Sproolman both having good ones, :wink: makes you both lucky men. :lol:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Crowell392

Post by Crowell392 »

Excalibur is sending me a new tactzone scope ASAP I have to say you can't beat their warranty but I'm not crazy about the tactzone anymore I have already ordered a hawk xb30 Pro that's what will be going on my micro 355 so if you know anybody looking to buy a tactzone scope I have one for sale brand new
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

L. E. Carroll wrote:Trentco 1

I would guess you and Sproolman both having good ones, :wink: makes you both lucky men. :lol:

Gene
Would anybody think the reason we hear about all these defaults in the tack zone scope is because there so popular and everybody has one. I would bet if it was the other way around and everybody had the hawk XB 30 pro scope you would here a lot more problems with them as well....Up at my cottage everybody knows everyone and all you hear about is everybodys droping dead of cancer
down here in the big smoke where I live you barely hear about cancer and there's probably a lot more people dropping off from it here then there is up there
It social media!
Micro 355
Hawke xb30 pro scope T&T Triger boo force 10 string Zombie slayers 16.5 arrows c/w right helical blazer vanes aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Micro 315
Tact zone scope force 10 string 16" inch executioner arrows aluminum nocks or lumenoks
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Trentco1 wrote:

Gene
Would anybody think the reason we hear about all these defaults in the tack zone scope is because there so popular and everybody has one. I would bet if it was the other way around and everybody had the hawk XB 30 pro scope you would here a lot more problems with them as well....Up at my cottage everybody knows everyone and all you hear about is everybodys droping dead of cancer down here in the big smoke where I live you barely hear about cancer and there's probably a lot more people dropping off from it here then there is up there
It social media!

....I do not agree with your hypothesis Trentco1....if we follow that line of reasoning we would be hearing about a large number of failures with the Leupold Brand since so many people own them in various different applications....AND many people (such as myself) have a Leupold on both of my crossbows....both my boys have a Leuppy on both of their crossbows...AND we have them on ALL of our firearms and nary a hiccup....I just do not hear of them having the issues that the Crapzone scope has....in spite of social media ....JMHHO! :wink:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Gene
Did a lot of reading on TACT-ZONE from many owners..I only found 1 that had crosshair problem as Steve did..He had 2 which is unusual...I have 2 and SO FAR nice scope..MOST said they get fish eye affect where the outside edge is little blurry BUT they later said that it was not adjusted back far enough to their eye .MOST said that you have to adjust scope back etc and its fine even after they said it was not..

Most said the scope was deadly accurate out of box to 60 yds paralax free..I am not reading a lot of negatives on scope and when I do its always the fish eye thing of scope not back far enough to eye which can make edges look fishy..lol...

I have over 100 shots on both scopes no problem nice and clear dark lines in scope..
warranty if it goes bad I get new one..GREAT..Love EXCAL..
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Trentco1 wrote:

Gene
Would anybody think the reason we hear about all these defaults in the tack zone scope is because there so popular and everybody has one. I would bet if it was the other way around and everybody had the hawk XB 30 pro scope you would here a lot more problems with them as well....Up at my cottage everybody knows everyone and all you hear about is everybodys droping dead of cancer
down here in the big smoke where I live you barely hear about cancer and there's probably a lot more people dropping off from it here then there is up there
It social media!
Many are having problems with XB30 on the yard marks do not hit where you aim..I am reading that...Its like dogs are losing their hearing on Dental cleaning vrs other operation..Could reason be because they do 10 times more dental cleaning than other operations?

Just not reading a LOT of problems with tact zone other than most said if you have to pay 200 for TZ get better scope for your money like leupold ....
Last edited by sproulman on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.