Disassembled 380 length

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Karl

Disassembled 380 length

Post by Karl »

Hi guys, can anyone tell me the length of a matrix 380m with the riser/limbs apparatus removed. I think I have the terms right. I am trying to work out storing it in a small safe when dissassembled. Thanks for any reply.
Normous

Re: Disassembled 380 length

Post by Normous »

Delete
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Karl

Post by Karl »

Obviously I don't :) Have one on order, which in Australia could take a few weeks. In the meantime need to work out some lockable storage in advance of the bow arriving, being a legal requirement in my state.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Karl wrote:Obviously I don't :) Have one on order, which in Australia could take a few weeks. In the meantime need to work out some lockable storage in advance of the bow arriving, being a legal requirement in my state.
Karl, I use a Plano Bowmax double bowcase for my crossbow. It's the same case I use for my compound. Quick and easy. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Thanks Paul, the legally required one is a metal gunsafe type needed for home storage, but you answered the next question I had as to a good travel case. I will check that out!
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

I just measured mine, the bow portion if not un-strung but simply removed from the stock is 31" The overall length of the stock and rail is just under 32" with the riser, limbs and stirrup removed. ... Keep in mind the limbs are still strung with the cocking stirrup attached.

I hope that helps you out.

Gene
BTW, you picked a great model. :wink:
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
Karl

Post by Karl »

Thanks Gene for taking the time to do that, much appreciated.

Does anyone store their bow strung like this over the course of 1-2 weeks, or does it place too much stress on the limbs?
Czy_Horse

Post by Czy_Horse »

You can pretty much leave your bow strung indefinitely as long as it is not going to be subjected to extreme heat (Treat your bow like your pet dog, don't ever leave them strung in a vehicle in the hot sun!). My Exocet with dissipation bar/pads has been strung now with the same Boo string for about 6 years. It has only been unstrung long enough to put a new string on/rotate string since I bought the bow new in 2009.
You only need to remove the 2 bolts holding the riser to the rail, those 2 pieces will fit easily into a generic steel 8-long gun cabinet. When you reassemble the bow to go hunting/target shooting you will be hard pressed to notice much of a difference, if any, in your POI.

My son stores his Matrix 350LE in 2 pieces + compound bow + 12 gauge pump + 50 cal muzzle loader c/w scope in a gun cabinet similar to above.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Thanks czy horse, that's good news. What is the effect of extreme heat btw? I am in the tropics, up to 45C/113F temps through summer. Might be worth me storing the safe inside where I can keep the air on it then.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Extreme heat weakens the limbs and in time will make the string stretch some. Keep it stored indoors. That's some ungodly heat you're living in and some ridiculous storage standards too. :roll:
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Karl wrote:Thanks czy horse, that's good news. What is the effect of extreme heat btw? I am in the tropics, up to 45C/113F temps through summer. Might be worth me storing the safe inside where I can keep the air on it then.
Karl, if you go into your profile and finish filling it in it'll make it easier for the good forum folks to help you.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Thanks fellas, profile fixed. Thats peak temperature mostly its 90-100 summer days, but we also get 12ft rain a year in the rainforest so mould is another issue on perishable parts. Its just a matter of regular checking and airing out. Excaliburs have a good reputation here so I am sure if I do my part the bow will do its :)

As to storage yes in 2004 our left wing government decided crossbows needed 'firearm licences' and 'approved storage' which police could check. Insanity..