Zombie Slayers......worth it???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Robinsons Rebel

Zombie Slayers......worth it???

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

New to crossbow but I have read alot of posts on the forum. I've seen that alot of people are using Zombie bolts.Are they really worth it and make that much of a difference?I'm using a stock Grizzly and just looking for any advatage I can.So many questions and so little time !
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
longbow joe

Re: Zombie Slayers......worth it???

Post by longbow joe »

I was a die hard easton 2216/2219 arrow user n refused to go carbon but i shot a few zombies out of my matrix bows (17 inch with a 110 brass insert and a 125 grain head) at 30 n 40 yards n over theres no comparison. from the factory they have blazer vanes in my opinion why if you have the best crossbow why not have the best bolts.the executioners are really good to but for a few bucks more you can have the best. I buy mine from amazon or lancaster archery and big john on the forum and south shore in florida are all good too.i have a cutter n cut my own down to 17 in.Its extreme but i even shoot em outta my vixen others will chime in about their experience wit em too.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I'm very happy with my zombies and will shoot them until something else can show me superior performance.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

In my opinion, oh definitely!! I get mine from big John, he makes the best arrows!! And a heck of a nice guy to boot!! :lol:
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

your shooting a Grizzly so it will probably shoot just about anything fine. i dont think you need Zombies but if you got money to burn have a look at Black Eagles also. the Zombies look cool though.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I didn't realize you're shooting a grizzly. I would save a few bucks and go with the executioners.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.

Post by newbie »

paulaboutform wrote:I didn't realize you're shooting a grizzly. I would save a few bucks and go with the executioners.

Paul
This x2
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

X3!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Yes on the Zombies....I also craft my own arra's gives me a lot of flexibility on weight, length, etc...

...if you want completed ZS craftsman have been named....If you are looking for raw shafts... I have also purchased from Dan (Xcaliber) and have found him very reasonable and honest!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

foofoo wrote:your shooting a Grizzly so it will probably shoot just about anything fine. i dont think you need Zombies but if you got money to burn have a look at Black Eagles also. the Zombies look cool though.

....I believe Black Eagle Archery makes the ZS's!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

longbow joe wrote:... in my opinion why if you have the best crossbow why not have the best bolts. the executioners are really good to but for a few bucks more you can have the best...
I wholeheartedly Agree!
Except I call them arrows as opposed to "bolts" :lol:

I constantly shoot out to 100 yards and every distance in-between. The difference the Zombies (as crafted by Big John - fitted with Luminoks and built especially for my bow / style of shooting) are without any doubt, THE Most Accurate Long Range Missiles I've ever flung from a bow! Even at ranges from 70 through 100 yards you simply do not shoot at the same bullseye for fear of creating a Robin Hood situation!

As other have noted, the Grizzly is a little more "forgiving" in this department, so you might be fine with the Executioners. For me & my 380, it's Big John Custom Zombies every time! 8)

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."