Brand spanking new to crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Crowell392

Re: Brand spanking new to crossbows

Post by Crowell392 »

Thanks for all the comments, I'm leaning hard towards the micro 355. Just need to find a good deal now
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

:D
FORVOLS

Post by FORVOLS »

Wyvern creations, wealth of knowledge and great to do business with

http://www.wyverncreations.com/

BRAND--- EXCALIBUR
although Wyvern carries many brands(good website to browse)

SIZE--- I went with a MATRIX 355 and upgraded to a HAWKE XB1 SR scope. 20IN BBE arrows. I did go handle the MICRO series and the MATRIX the MATRIX fit/felt better to me. But the MICROs are very nice. If you have a basspro shop near by they carry both and will let you shoot them on site (plus lots of other xbows). Definitely recommend go handle and shoot(if possible) before you buy, excals aint cheap---but xbow and company backing is the BEST.

MATRIX 355 is also my first crossbow. Used to shoot vertical compounds and got out of it age shoulder issues, desire to try crossbows is why I got mine. I was originally looking at the grizzly and matrix 330. Got to handle those along with the micro and again the 355 I liked best. I hunt TN whitetail primarily. But a HOG walks out in my range(upto 40yds) I have NO doubt the 355 is enough bow the 40yds is my self imposed max range. Would the bow work to 50/60yds absolutely. But 40yds for now is where I am comfortable its not bow issue or thinking lack of spd/power. I am 6'2" and 54 yrs old overall good health, cocking is no issue for multiple shots to me.
MATRIX 355
HAWKE XB1
Trigger Tech Trigger
20in BEE
Various broadheads
Quick, accurate, simple