Front Inserts For flat Nocks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Trentco1

Front Inserts For flat Nocks

Post by Trentco1 »

Hey fokes Question for ya's.
Is it alright to use a front insert for a flat knock for the back of a arrow
The reason I ask,I'm trying to maintain that 400gr arrow for practising and hunting and was having a hard time finding a heavy rear flat nock for my executioner arrows to match my Burt coyote gold tip lumenok. The guy at EastHill outdoors in Orono set me up with this and said it was fine.
My other concern is the executioner arrows have a ID of.300 The inserts and lumenoks they sold me are.301. Even tho they were a little tough to get in the arrows they seem to sit Fine. I also buffed off the edges of the inserts so they would not damage my string servings...My bow is a micro 355.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Micro 355
Hawke xb30 pro scope T&T Triger boo force 10 string Zombie slayers 16.5 arrows c/w right helical blazer vanes aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Micro 315
Tact zone scope force 10 string 16" inch executioner arrows aluminum nocks or lumenoks
longbow joe

Re: Front Inserts For flat Nocks

Post by longbow joe »

A lot of us glue a set screw in the nock with epoxy if you have a grain scale good but if not the set screw that fits will be very very close in weight someone will chime in that knows the exact size im sure . a friend gave me a lifetime supply for my archery box
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
jefrohio

Post by jefrohio »

If your using front inserts for rear nocks use lightweight alum. inserts (30gr)
Break the edge with a 1/32 radius and I would not be concerned about the .001 it's a tight press fit.
I would just buy a doz. alum rear nocks from Jerry @ south shore archery that are made for black eagle shafts , there cheap and won't mess up your foc u don't want to use a heavy front insert as a nock then Add a lumanock you want ur weight up front. I'm sure someone with more experience will chime in. jefrohio
Last edited by jefrohio on Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matrimax
Ibex
Camx
Max point
Grizzly
Cub
Boo

Post by Boo »

You can use the 28 gr aluminum insert as a rear nock. But why bother? Either use Luminoks exclusively or just make a scope adjustment in the fall when you switch to Luminoks.
The size is correct. If the were both the same size, they wouldn't stay together. The should go together with 20 to 50 lbs of force.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
jefrohio

Post by jefrohio »

See, I told u someone with more knowledge will chime in and who better than the Obi wan canabi of the horizontal bow :P
Matrimax
Ibex
Camx
Max point
Grizzly
Cub

Post by newbie »

1/2" 8-32 set screw screwed into the back of the plastic nocks along with a few drops if your glue of choice will get you very close to weight of a lumenok.
Norm gets the nod for that tip and it works very well.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

newbie wrote:1/2" 8-32 set screw screwed into the back of the plastic nocks along with a few drops if your glue of choice will get you very close to weight of a lumenok.

i thought it was 10-24 set screw?it brought me too about 1 or 2 grains from the lumenocks at 28 grains..maybe no difference in 2 sizes...
Boo

Post by Boo »

newbie wrote:1/2" 8-32 set screw screwed into the back of the plastic nocks along with a few drops if your glue of choice will get you very close to weight of a lumenok.
Yep, I forgot to mention that. I don't do it because I can't be bothered :mrgreen:
jefrohio

Post by jefrohio »

Sproulmans right 1/2 8-32 w/ drop ol glue weigh about 18-19 grains
Matrimax
Ibex
Camx
Max point
Grizzly
Cub

Post by newbie »

Boo wrote:
Yep, I forgot to mention that. I don't do it because I can't be bothered :mrgreen:
I dont either cause i gave up on lighted nocks....lost two one bad season and then my bow went missing so i blame the lumenoks :mrgreen: Ive made some up for guys when making them arrows.....
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

Problem is I'm in Toronto,Ontario. There's NO place to shoot my bow
I could squeeze a few shots off at the side my house,Max would be 20yards.
If I want any more distance to shoot I need to travel an hour north of the city to do it.
finding the exact parts that I want fur my arrows and accessories There's very few places here and stock is limited on what they have. Our USA neighbours seem to have everything over there That I want but the shipping to here usually cost more than the product you want. So Ouch. Anyways the set up I went with are 22.5gr front inserts by Excalibur and using them as rear Nocks. 110gr front inserts in the executioner arrow .100gr excalibur field points for a total arrow Weight of 400gr. With the lumenox 406gr. Figured this why. There wouldn't be a hole lot adjusting the scope to tune it in. Maybe a click
Last edited by Trentco1 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Micro 355
Hawke xb30 pro scope T&T Triger boo force 10 string Zombie slayers 16.5 arrows c/w right helical blazer vanes aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Micro 315
Tact zone scope force 10 string 16" inch executioner arrows aluminum nocks or lumenoks

Post by newbie »

if you need or want to try some set screws for plastic rear nocks send me a pm i have a pile of them. Don has plastic rear nocks too at 25 cents a piece i believe and he only charges an arm for shipping.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Boo

Post by Boo »

newbie wrote:if you need or want to try some set screws for plastic rear nocks send me a pm i have a pile of them. Don has plastic rear nocks too at 25 cents a piece i believe and he only charges an arm for shipping.
He can pick them up when he comes to m shop to pick up a string. I'll let him know about you and that orange :mrgreen:
Boo

Post by Boo »

Trentco1 wrote:Problem is I'm in Toronto,Ontario. There's NO place to shoot my bow
I could squeeze a few shots off at the side my house,Max would be 20yards.
If I want any more distance to shoot I need to travel an hour north of the city to do it.
finding the exact parts that I want fur my arrows and accessories There's very few places here and stock is limited on what they have. Our USA neighbours seem to have everything over there That I want but the shipping to here usually cost more than the product you want So Ouch . Anyways the set up I went with are 22.5gr from inserts by Excalibur and using them as rear Nocks. 110gr front inserts in the executioner arrow .100gr excalibur field points for a total arrow Weight of 400gr. With the lumenox 406gr. Figured this why. There wouldn't be a hole lot adjusting the scope to tune it in. Maybe a click
Trent, come to Boofest and you'll see and maybe shoot some options.

Post by newbie »

Boo wrote:
newbie wrote:if you need or want to try some set screws for plastic rear nocks send me a pm i have a pile of them. Don has plastic rear nocks too at 25 cents a piece i believe and he only charges an arm for shipping.
He can pick them up when he comes to m shop to pick up a string. I'll let him know about you and that orange :mrgreen:
just cause you prefer citrus doesnt mean we all do.... ill let him in on the real story not the Enquirer edition! :wink:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads