Trentco1

Re: Front Inserts For flat Nocks

Post by Trentco1 »

Lol.
You guys are all to funny.
Love to come to boo fest. Not sure the wife will let me
When is it?
Micro 355
Hawke xb30 pro scope T&T Triger boo force 10 string Zombie slayers 16.5 arrows c/w right helical blazer vanes aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Micro 315
Tact zone scope force 10 string 16" inch executioner arrows aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Boo

Post by Boo »

The weekend of the 23rd. People start arriving on the Friday. I expect the 100 yard range will be ready by then.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boo

Post by Boo »

BTW, newbie's real name, given to him at the orphanage, is Orange Peel. :mrgreen:
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

Newbies the guy that couldn't find his lighted Nocks?
Micro 355
Hawke xb30 pro scope T&T Triger boo force 10 string Zombie slayers 16.5 arrows c/w right helical blazer vanes aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Micro 315
Tact zone scope force 10 string 16" inch executioner arrows aluminum nocks or lumenoks

Post by newbie »

yes sir. I lost two that went awol hitting unseen branches.
But Don knows how to peel an orange..... :mrgreen:
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

I found that either a few dabs of blue loctite crazy glue or a light dab/smear of gorilla glue on the end and threads of the set screws works really good for holding them into the plastic nocks.

Just be careful with the gorilla glue because it expands when it starts to cure and you'll have a sticky volcano on your hands. That and becareful with the loctite otherwise you might end up with things glued to you instead of what your trying to glue together.
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
Boo

Post by Boo »

newbie wrote:yes sir. I lost two that went awol hitting unseen branches.
But Don knows how to peel an orange..... :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: nope, not me!
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

StormDragon wrote:I found that either a few dabs of blue loctite crazy glue or a light dab/smear of gorilla glue on the end and threads of the set screws works really good for holding them into the plastic nocks.

Just be careful with the gorilla glue because it expands when it starts to cure and you'll have a sticky volcano on your hands. That and becareful with the loctite otherwise you might end up with things glued to you instead of what your trying to glue together.
I would suggest you do not ever use Locktite on anything plastic. It will cause the plastic to break down and will shatter when fired.
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

Boo wrote:
newbie wrote:if you need or want to try some set screws for plastic rear nocks send me a pm i have a pile of them. Don has plastic rear nocks too at 25 cents a piece i believe and he only charges an arm for shipping.
He can pick them up when he comes to m shop to pick up a string. I'll let him know about you and that orange :mrgreen:

Thanks Newbie!
A very kind offer but I think I haver covered now
You as well don;)
Micro 355
Micro 315
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

So question for you guys that been doing this for all these years
why would you go with all the bother of using a set screw to gain a little more weight on the end of your Nock when you can just use a front insert. There's no glueing or Messing around just stick it in?
Micro 355
Micro 315
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Hunt it wrote:
StormDragon wrote:I found that either a few dabs of blue loctite crazy glue or a light dab/smear of gorilla glue on the end and threads of the set screws works really good for holding them into the plastic nocks.

I would suggest you do not ever use Locktite on anything plastic. It will cause the plastic to break down and will shatter when fired.
Have you had experience with this happening? The reason I ask is that this is the blue crazy glue gel version not the blue loctite that you use on metal screws.

The loctite crazy glue gel version says that you can use it on plasrics, wood, metal etc.

Elite Synergy; Krampus
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Trentco1 wrote:So question for you guys that been doing this for all these years
why would you go with all the bother of using a set screw to gain a little more weight on the end of your Nock when you can just use a front insert. There's no glueing or Messing around just stick it in?
It allows you to keep the same or close to the same weight arrow that you would have if you were shooting a weighted nock that way you don't have readjust your sight.

Plus as a bonus as I just found out, it helps you not loose said lighted nock along with arrow durine 3D shoots.
I may have lost three arrows but I didn't lose my ignitor nocks too

Elite Synergy; Krampus

Post by newbie »

Trentco1 wrote:So question for you guys that been doing this for all these years
Its no messing around really, you add a drop of glue on the set screw and it threads into the back of the plastic nock, glue is to just keep it in place and not sure if its 100% necessary. I for one dont like aluminum nocks.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!