So should the arrow hold lever be on the rail?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

FORVOLS

So should the arrow hold lever be on the rail?

Post by FORVOLS »

My arrow/bolt hold down lever is right on the rail (maybe more that it should be) definite "tink" sound when I raise it simulate an arrow it place and let it go.

Do I need to bend it up some?
MATRIX 355
HAWKE XB1
Trigger Tech Trigger
20in BEE
Various broadheads
Quick, accurate, simple
longbow joe

Re: So should the arrow hold lever be on the rail?

Post by longbow joe »

I like mine almost touching but coated with shrink wrap ..just a a small tink. My friends is bent up a little more with a velcro piece (softside) on bottom very quiet. The tink is quieter than the limb noise so im not worried i would rather have my bolt tight in place when i need it i can hang in the tree even down n not worry about it falling out
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Most of mine lay on the rail/mainframe. All of them have a layer of double sided/self sealing heat shrink on them. The less tension you have, the greater the possibility of a semi-dry fire.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

New to all this but mine is higher with heat shrink on it.When it did not have that on I kept it lower but rubber of heat shrink holds it better than metal ...
FORVOLS

Post by FORVOLS »

Thanks for the info, I have my matrix 355 broke down to install a TT single stage. So I will also pick up some heat shrink today and put that on. I may bend the lever up slightly -- but making sure I still have solid arrow retention. Also going to get a section of the black pipe insulation and stuff the mainframe.
MATRIX 355
HAWKE XB1
Trigger Tech Trigger
20in BEE
Various broadheads
Quick, accurate, simple
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

FORVOLS wrote:Thanks for the info, I have my matrix 355 broke down to install a TT single stage. So I will also pick up some heat shrink today and put that on. I may bend the lever up slightly -- but making sure I still have solid arrow retention. Also going to get a section of the black pipe insulation and stuff the mainframe.
I also put little rubber washers on the spring up underscope to reduce sound had those in my tool box.
I did the pipe insulation on my Micro 335 and no change in sound of bow at all..Air brakes helped on sound/vibration ,heat shrink on spring,vixenmaster flem string ,mole skin under string loop at tip...