Jerks at the range...again.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Minnow

Re: Jerks at the range...again.

Post by Minnow »

Hi5 wrote:Minnow, you're a rascal. I'm not going back into that adventure again.

If you really want to know, ask your bear hunter friends.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Hi5 wrote:Sproulster

I didn't think you had much to apologize about, or even delete.

Now, if you had made a series of posts suggesting that lumpy pampers would make good bear bait, now that would be a different matter. If you did that, the procedure should be - first delete, then apologize, and follow that up with harakiri.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Don't sweat it.

8)
rayman

Post by rayman »

I would pay to see someone shoot a deer with a crossbow at 2:00 in the morning out the truck window then reload and shoot again. In Bulloch Co GA, probably happens about as often as Bradford Co FL, every other weekend.

Haven't been to a public range in going on 20 years because of the A-hats.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

deleted off topic.. :shock:
Last edited by sproulman on Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

sproulman wrote:
Crossbow is not used at night ,they use 22 mag ...but it is used at 6am in dark of mornings with headlights of truck on Bucks ...Then they go sit up road for over hr come back and trail blood ...Normal thing ..In fact all trucks will stop riding roads by 8 am I am in my stand at 6 am and I can hear traffic on dirt roads putting along until about 8 am then it stops...
So they point the truck at the deer, lean out the truck window, and shoot straight ahead?...... Really?? :roll:
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Deleted got off topic.. :shock:
Last edited by sproulman on Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Minnow

Post by Minnow »

sproulman wrote:
Minnow wrote:
sproulman wrote:
Crossbow is not used at night ,they use 22 mag ...but it is used at 6am in dark of mornings with headlights of truck on Bucks ...Then they go sit up road for over hr come back and trail blood ...Normal thing ..In fact all trucks will stop riding roads by 8 am I am in my stand at 6 am and I can hear traffic on dirt roads putting along until about 8 am then it stops...
So they point the truck at the deer, lean out the truck window, and shoot straight ahead?...... Really?? :roll:
YES,deer cross roads in mornings from getting last drink of water so they hunt roads with stream ..headlights stop deer in its tracks ..also headlights throw beam out to sides and light up deer..I said this would happen when Crossbows were made legal and it is....Before that they had to get out of truck and try to shoot compound bow but it did not work....Cannot shoot 22 mag as I would hear it..YES,YES, YES its being done all over pa near farms,on dirt roads,in fields ...With new in-line doe week when I look into trucks I see Crossbow cocked and in-line muzz loaded...Those hunters are hunting wayback..lol.. Some object if I say its TRUTH so I will say it is my OPINION...:roll:

Our WCO covers 2 counties now and they are stopping folks heck I was stopped 4 times last year..3 wanted to see my Small Munsterlander pup other felt my gun was loaded behind seat because i had chamber closed....He was mad he did not find a .250 sav shell in it ,oh well I do not outlaw and was eating my lunch but I am glad they are stopping folks but he arrested 2 kids for having loaded guns on tailgates which I felt he should of gave warning ticket ,cost their dads $200 ea.I am in woods about 4 days a week walking now for exercise ..Then comes archery buck /ruff grouse will be in woods 5 days a week I see a lot and KNOW a lot 52 years out there I do have OPINION.. :lol:
I just find it really hard to believe they shoot out the truck window, especially shootin in a forward direction. Maybe they are road hunting which doesn't make em any different then you admitted to be as a youth. It's really not my intention to disrespect you but I'm hearing a double standard here
Ibex SMF
Zombies
Cheek rest
S5
Stock extender
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Boy I got off topic may delete.. :shock:
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Boo wrote:
sproulman wrote:Time to delete...This is topic that really all we do is get mad at each other..Made promise to myself that i would not comment because it may be offensive..
I don't think anyone is upset Sproul. I know one person who tried it. Once he domoed his interior mirror and another time he pit an arra though the RF passenger floor!
There's a bozo on every bus and I like beer! :lol: :lol: :lol:

8)
edstuff

Post by edstuff »

Did you file your complaint? I'd like to know the reply
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

It's hard to believe anybody could be so misinformed,,,, I' have noticed for years that compound bow hunters wound and lose more game than hunters that use any other weapon,,,, just an honest observation in the 3 or 4 states I hunt in anyways,,,,,
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

anyhow you want to talk nasty at range you should see what I deal with on publicland hunting deer/grouse never in my life did I have to carry pistol in off season,I do now......
Last edited by sproulman on Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
edstuff

Post by edstuff »

I carry my pistol quite often. But I live in Chicago.....
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

edstuff wrote:I carry my pistol quite often. But I live in Chicago.....
This first time in my life I carry pistol to picnics and township public meeting etc ..We live in sticks but too many drugs out there now and lots not working lack of jobs ..I was mugged 2 times in woods while working and not in city like you have never thought I would have to carry pistol..
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

sproulman wrote:Most in my area do not go to public range with crossbow they shoot at camp or yard.I am only one usually that takes my crossbow to club and I have sold about 7 excal crossbows after they looked at mine but 4 were used and 3 new ..

Most do not like Crossbow owners but guess what some of them own a crossbow they just do not let on they have one ...When I shoot ladies scream so I only shoot to let someone try the bow ....I did do the water buffalo hunt with my micro 335 and i shot a 1,000 pd water buff between eyes good by sucker...

Most that try bow like LOOKS of the excal bows ME too and no.1 reason I bought one and knowing I had BOO and you al for advice sound like I am down south ,you al..

anyhow you want to talk nasty at range you should see what I deal with on publicland hunting deer/grouse never in my life did I have to carry pistol in off season,I do now......
Sorry but I have to ask what kind of idiot would shoot any animal in the head with an arrow, even if it was a smaller specimen????? Shows an incredible lack of responsibility or ethics and experience!

WTF did Conover steel this ID????
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!