Jerks at the range...again.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GG big buck

Re: Jerks at the range...again.

Post by GG big buck »

Good job standing your grounds georgiaboy.don't know if I would have been so nice. Here in vermont they just made it legal for anyone 50 and older to use crossbow with out having handicap permit.also we can not have a cocked crossbow in a vehicle. And anyone that says its easy to hunt with a crossbow has never hunted with one.also georgiaboy glad to hear your bow made it on the dry fire.
gg big buck
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Did you ever have 1,900 pd Water Buffalo coming at you full speed?I have and I am not waiting for behind shoulder shot :shock: Right between eyes and It did show it was kill and most of ladies I was protecting were very happy that stood behind me screaming .. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guess what it only cost 20 bucks for 30 minutes of this type of hunt and that day it was WATER BUFFALO,next its Rhinos .... 8)

off toipc again :roll: will delete... :roll:
Last edited by sproulman on Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

edstuff wrote:Did you file your complaint? I'd like to know the reply
I talked to the Parks & Recreation director...he informed me that they have to post their schedule with him, the park office and the entrance to the range two weeks prior to a club event...of which they did none. In his words not posted not closed.
He said he would talk to the club president, I doubt it will do any good.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

I post occasionally on a "bow hunting" message board and have had a couple members make snide comments about my use of a crossbow, but when I asked about their high tech compounds and releases, they really didn't want to talk about it anymore.
Then, when I post pictures of the last couple bucks I've killed, that really shuts them up.

Georgiaboy, good for you for holding your ground with the bow bullies.
janesy

Post by janesy »

sproulman wrote:Did you ever have 1,900 pd Water Buffalo coming at you full speed?I have and I am not waiting for behind shoulder shot :shock: Right between eyes and It did show it was kill and most of ladies I was protecting were very happy that stood behind me screaming .. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guess what it only cost 20 bucks for 30 minutes of this type of hunt and that day it was WATER BUFFALO,next its Rhinos .... 8)

Haha, so was it a 1000 pounder or a 1900 pounder? And we're you at a zoo or something ...protecting the ladies? I'm raising the BS flag here, sorry.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

janesy wrote:
sproulman wrote:Did you ever have 1,900 pd Water Buffalo coming at you full speed?I have and I am not waiting for behind shoulder shot :shock: Right between eyes and It did show it was kill and most of ladies I was protecting were very happy that stood behind me screaming .. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha, so was it a 1000 pounder or a 1900 pounder? And we're you at a zoo or something ...protecting the ladies? I'm raising the BS flag here, sorry.
You doubt the word of SPROUL.. :twisted: LOL...It was 1900 pd water buffalo not 1,000 pd just error on type thing..No zoo it was at our club..We have screen about half size of movie screen or less .Its 20 bucks for 30 minutes you go in they shut door and you pick what video you like from MANY ..Yes the ladies went in with me ..It is real video of Africa hunt sound and all and you can shoot buff behind shoulder but he came at me so I shot him right between eyes ... :P Ladies screamed who were behind me and they wanted OUT... :lol: You put rubber caps over your gt lazer arrows and you SHOOT ..It will tell you if it was kill or wounded or miss,hey I dropped that sucker in his tracks...

Let me tell ya you have to have a set to even go in their to do one of those HUNTS ,its real as heck...

Next time I am after Rhinos... :P :P :P
janesy

Post by janesy »

Ok Touché my friend... I can honestly say I didn't see that answer coming LOL.
I'd like to try that machine out some day
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I will never get used to or see the cyber chit come'n, I will always reply to anything on this archery forum with real life responses,,,

This is exactly what is happening today though and explains a lot of the BS I read here!! The is no such thing as reality to many here today!! But they spew this kind of BS and those that don't know any better listen to it,,,, head shots with archery equipment regardless the animal is one of the most irresponsible shots anyone can make!! I have to wonder about anyone who would make such a comment as it being an option!! :?

Yes I am sorry!! But it burns my ars to hear anyone condoning this kind of irresponsible action and insinuating it was done on any animal,, I will never understand it as anything but irresponsible or reality, and won't respond to it on any forum as anything else! Far to many will try it in real life, that don't know any better! Maybe this explains partially anyways, why some states require a test to get a crossbow license :roll: ,,,,,,
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!