Jerks at the range...again.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

georgiaboy

Jerks at the range...again.

Post by georgiaboy »

So I get to the public range this morning about 7:30 to get some range time in before bow season comes in and I'm greeted by four members of the local bow club with dirty looks as I unload my crossbows from the truck.
I say good morning as I walk by and proceed to set up on the further'est range from them, about a hundred yards. Well about ten minutes later I see them coming and I knew this wasn't going to end well. :shock:
The spokesman for the group tell's me that they are having an adult/youth 3D tournament today and I will have to leave. I tell him that I think it's great that their introducing youth to archery but that I know that they are supposed to post all their club activities two weeks before an event and since it's not posted I'm not going anywhere. Then he tells me that they post it on their web site and that's where I should check. I then remind him that there is nothing posted at the entrance of the range stating that and giving their web site therefore I'm not leaving. :twisted:
Well after some more pleasantries were exchanged they got the point and left. They think this range is their private club and it's definitely no crossbows allowed.
Pissed me off so bad my first shot out the Matrix was a dry fire...no arrow! :oops:
Thank god for the ADF :D paid for itself, did have to re zero. :?
I will be filing a complaint with the Parks & Recreation department tomorrow.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
paulaboutform

Re: Jerks at the range...again.

Post by paulaboutform »

I'm ticked off just reading this! :? ....stupid people really make me angry!
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Funny these guys shoot a 80% let off bow with an optic sight and a release (which is a trigger) and they think there true puristes in the zen of archery. I have shot compounds and longbows for years and in my mind a bows a bow. I have both riceburners and harleys and like motorcycles in general and a harley jerk is the same as a bow jerk sometimes .(not talkin about everyone ) Just let it go.a bow jerk harley jerk a jerk is a jerk just as a bow is a bow when you kill a deer or hog ....you killed it bow season who cares just so it was killed cleanly.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Sounds like you handled yourself perfectly. Jerks are everywhere.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Robinsons Rebel

Post by Robinsons Rebel »

Use to get the same attitude selling crossbows at Bass Pro.They think using a crossbow was some how cheating.I would ask if they used a muzzle loader and what kind of gun. Always the same answer , modern inline with a scope.I'd ask "If you're not using a flintlock, are you cheating? Never did get a good answer.My job is to sell fun.The more people we get to enjoy the outdoors and to share it with family and friends , the better off the sport is.Plus it's legal. :D
2016 Matrix Grizzly (Red Bud)
18¨ Diablo lumenok bolts
100 gr. Trailblazer broadheads
Nikon Bolt XR
R.E.D.S
String by xcaliber
"There are only two seasons in a year.. hunting season and waiting for hunting season"
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

:wink:
Last edited by sproulman on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

:wink:
Last edited by sproulman on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

sproulman wrote:I was one of those that hated a Crossbow now using one...Being young with good eyes I would still be using my recurve but at 62 now getting lazy,sore,tired at times and looking for EASIER I went with crossbow..

When crossbow became legal here in pa the archery hunters doubled...The recurve hunters like me did not like more hunters in woods that we are seeing now do too crossbows..

shooting out window of trucks is happening all over now ,they shoot the doe, and drive on and comeback later right out window of trucks...Should be law that you cannot have strung crossbow in truck..

most I see feel 50 yd shot is ok with Crossbow on deer /bear..Wounded deer...I felt at first disabled should use Crossbow so they passed law only disabled..Guess what thousands all of sudden became Disabled..lol...

but I never hated person that used one only way they are using them by many..long shots on deer,out window of truck done daily and lack of WCO to catch them is my complaint mostly and more hunters is NOW problem with lack of Bucks ..

But it is bringing in money to PGC....

So I understand the dirty looks you get at times..Most i know at club think Crossbow users are lazy and and no skill..or disabled you know what some think of disabled at times look at fun Trump made of disabled..

I get dirty looks too from friends when I shoot my Crossbow..They say Sproul that bow is too fast you are going to hurt someone here or its noisy I cannot concentrate or I guess you are old Sproul aint that truth you old fart ...One thing they never say is I cannot hunt they Whisper is that guy that gets those nice Bucks ?Yes and he is now Crossbow hunter..he he they snicker... :roll:

Most would not know how to track a deer and get close but feel they are something with their bows at 1 time I felt same way hitting quarter at 25 yards over and over with fred bear recurve bow with cedar arrows..

So the Crossbow gives me chance to still go in woods as I get older and not really necessary to kill Buck now but I have great chance of doing it heading too no. 50 Bucks..

Hope my comments are not offensive only truth of what is......
No offense taken Sproulman...my point is that this is a public range not private. They have the permission of the county to host events at the range but they have to give the public two weeks notice before they can close the range. What pissed them off is that I know the rules...no notice not closed.
They knew I had them that's why they tried the web site bs...not working.
And I could care less what they think of my crossbows, been legal in Georgia twelve years now...that's a them problem.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

bigot:a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

bigotry shows lack of maturity and intelligence. Its especially sad when its evident in adults
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
LongCarbine

Post by LongCarbine »

sproulman wrote:lazy,sore,tired at times and looking for EASIER I went with crossbow..

When crossbow became legal here in pa the archery hunters doubled...The recurve hunters like me did not like more hunters in woods that we are seeing now do too crossbows..

shooting out window of trucks is happening all over now ,they shoot the doe, and drive on and comeback later right out window of trucks...Should be law that you cannot have strung crossbow in truck..

most I see feel 50 yd shot is ok with Crossbow on deer /bear..Wounded deer...I felt at first disabled should use Crossbow so they passed law only disabled..Guess what thousands all of sudden became Disabled..lol...

THAT BULL CRAP has been use in every state that has tried to legalize cross bow hunting . You sir can say what you want, But they are NO TRUE facts to support what you are saying. Poachers are thieves that steal from all hunters , You have NO idea what becoming disabled means. And I won't even comment on the being lazy.And if what you say is true in your neck of the woods then I feel sorry for you . BUT don't for one moment that that the rest of the country is like that !
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
Boo

Post by Boo »

I'd like to see someone shoot a crossbow out of a car window :shock: Heck, I'll even hold their beer :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Last edited by StormDragon on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Boo wrote:I'd like to see someone shoot a crossbow out of a car window :shock: Heck, I'll even hold their beer :mrgreen:
I could probably find you a few volunteers who would do it for a beer lol
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

Boo wrote:I'd like to see someone shoot a crossbow out of a car window :shock: Heck, I'll even hold their beer :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Time to delete...This is topic that really all we do is get mad at each other..Made promise to myself that i would not comment because it may be offensive..
Last edited by sproulman on Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.