Excalibur Crossbow Destruction Challenge

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Excalibur Crossbow Destruction Challenge

Post by Boo »

http://excaliburcrossbow.com/destructionchallenge/
Keep your eyes on the above link. The lower part of the page allows you to enter a contest to win a bow!

This next link is the first in a series of videos to market the toughness of an Excalibur crossbow.
In this video, there are no cuts, no pan outs, just the camera following the bow on a pretty rough ride! Pretty amazing! I talked to the boys and they assured me that what you see is real!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPvqd6r7s0U
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Hi5

Re: Excalibur Crossbow Destruction Challenge

Post by Hi5 »

I'm more surprised that the scope survived than the bow.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Scarecrow

Post by Scarecrow »

Yeah, me too. That crossbow went for a wild ride!!
Micro 335 - Vixenmaster String, Diablo, Slick Trick 150
M380 - Hawke XB30 Pro, Vixenmaster String, Quill, VPA 150 / FOC
janesy

Post by janesy »

I am way to careful to win that contest. Can't wait to see all the pics
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Is the Draw going to be random from all entries
or
A selection by the powers to be of the who is silly enough to attempt the wildest stunt to punish their Excalibur Crossbow with a slim chance of winning a new one.

Boo may I suggest you enter last years .

"" DIMWITTS Incident"'

:shock: :lol: :oops:

""" quote """
by Boo » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:10 pm

I have a 408. It is a field test bow that clocked 1800 shots until a couple of dimwitts semi dry-fired it several times. The result was a large limb splinter, mushroomed nocks and split shafts.
The current limbs survived a 48 hour full cock test. So everything is good in my camp!
I also have a 355 Micro field test bow since last year with several hundred shots and many days cocked for 24 hours. No issues but no dimwitts allowed.

CC
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Im pretty confident I could destroy any bow given to me but it would have to be someone elses bow
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

What if i spilled some of my mother in laws bean soup on it. .......your glad im not coming...you would be crying "unfair advantage"....
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I'd be willing to bet serious money that whoever developed that promotional item didn't also work in their warranty claims department.

If the company demonstrates that kind of abuse for their product, there MUST also be "bonehead customer" warranty coverage as well, right? Or so the bonehead customer would claim.

Limb warranty discussions will seem to have been a happy time in the distant past.

Hope I'm wrong.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
TPM

Post by TPM »

Having run over a Vixen with a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan in the presence of both the U.S. and Canada warrenty reps I like to think of myself as an inspiration for this campaign rather than a "bone head". :D
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Boo

Post by Boo »

TPM wrote:Having run over a Vixen with a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan in the presence of both the U.S. and Canada warrenty reps I like to think of myself as an inspiration for this campaign rather than a "bone head". :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

TPM wrote:Having run over a Vixen with a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan in the presence of both the U.S. and Canada warrenty reps I like to think of myself as an inspiration for this campaign rather than a "bone head". :D
Please forgive me but Ive got to ask, was that on purpose? :shock:

Brad
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
Boo

Post by Boo »

Bcwn wrote:

Brad
He's going to say it was accidental but we all know different. :mrgreen: His wife, Monica is a far better shooter and Tim didn't want her to show him up in front of the guys.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
TPM

Post by TPM »

No, it wasn't on purpose (at least that's my story 8) ). It happened at Boofest a few years ago. We arrived and set up camp. Vixchix' now legendary Vixen was leaning up against a camp chair. A certain seven year old offspring of ours decided he wanted sit down so he it leaned against the right front tire of the van. I went to move then van to make more room around the tent when I saw this group of excited individuals across the field yelling and waving their arms at me. At the same time I felt the front of the van go bump. I got out of the van only to find a brown Vixen in a pink camo case lodged under the right front tire. By this time First Responder Dr.Danny Miller had arrived on scene. I'll never forget the words that came out of his mouth as he looked at the bow trapped under the wheel, "Well, y'all best just keep on drivin'". Not sure if he meant to move forward so he could get the bow out or if he meant "keep on drivin'" cause Vixchix is going to kill me. Anyway, they got the bow over to the picnic table and the skilled team of Danny Miller, Doe Master, Boo and the late Awshucks began their primary assessment. The Munch mount became a munched mount, the front stirrup was a bit scewed, the arrow retainer was bent but other than that and a bit of ground in mud it didn't look too bad, They took it over to the range and fired a few shots. A few clicks of the scope and she was back on target. Vixchix went on to take third place in the distance shoot with it the next day and took an 8 point buck with it that fall. That bow still puts arrows down range at 3D shoots and sits with her up in treestands every fall.
BTW, she never killed me, never even got mad but I still get razzed both here on the forum and at Boofest every year. :D

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
TPM

Post by TPM »

Boo wrote:
Bcwn wrote:

Brad
He's going to say it was accidental but we all know different. :mrgreen: His wife, Monica is a far better shooter and Tim didn't want her to show him up in front of the guys.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heck, that ain't no secret. She's been showing me up in front of the guys for years. She's been showing "the guys" up in front of the guys for years. :D I love it when at a 3D shoot the "Men's Crossbow" is won by a woman. :lol:

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

The Vixen survived.
....... As did the van driver.
............... And the marriage. :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.