seasonal bow maintanance

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bcwn

seasonal bow maintanance

Post by Bcwn »

Bow howdy was that a good lesson learned! Pulled the 380 from the rack to shake the cobb webs off, well after shooting for a solid day, re zeroing what felt like a thousand times a voice in my head said (one of the members said to pull one screw at a time and lock tight them all) so with that being said I went to check screws and they all were loose! My back two trigger screws were so loose the arrow was raising the whole platform thus I was aiming lower. What a day, but it wasn't all bad my wife said I should order a new scope about 3 hours before I got my head out of my 4th point of contact, so I got a leupold crossbones out of the deal before figuring out that I simply needed to do some preventive maintenance :oops: In any case you live and you learn.

Brad
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
Boo

Re: seasonal bow maintanance

Post by Boo »

You sir, have a great wife! :D
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

No doubt about that, now hopefully she doesn't catch on to the fact that nothing was wrong with my tact zone :D
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
Boo

Post by Boo »

Bcwn wrote:No doubt about that, now hopefully she doesn't catch on to the fact that nothing was wrong with my tact zone :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Better to ask for forgiveness rather than permission? :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Possum

Post by Possum »

Boo wrote:
Bcwn wrote:No doubt about that, now hopefully she doesn't catch on to the fact that nothing was wrong with my tact zone :D
I don't understand this concept of "asking wife`s permission". I must have the best woman in the world as mine has always been very supportive of my hunting, shooting, and fishing. My wife even bought me a bass boat before we were married and has bought most of my guns for me and has never raised a brow when my crossbows and thier many accessories showed up at our door. She does get a little upset with me when I wander off into the woods without telling her that I'm going.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Php 4:13
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Possum wrote:
Boo wrote:
I don't understand this concept of "asking wife`s permission". I must have the best woman in the world as mine has always been very supportive of my hunting, shooting, and fishing. My wife even bought me a bass boat before we were married and has bought most of my guns for me and has never raised a brow when my crossbows and thier many accessories showed up at our door. She does get a little upset with me when I wander off into the woods without telling her that I'm going.

:D
Last edited by sproulman on Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Yep, if you have to I suppose forgiveness later is in order of a risk of going without.

If you are living right in 20 er so years you'll have no need to worry about either! I have it great, if I want something I get it, very seldom does she even know it, once in awhile she has to take delivery of it, when she does,,,, well I simply here there is a package that came, seldom does she even ask what it is,,,, she found out long ago,,, some small packages can cost more than big ones. But regardless what it is,,, there is never an issue with what I get,,,, that's a two way street, but she seldom buys anything,,, even appliances I am usually the one that says we should get new, and many times it's,,, "I don't see anything wrong with we have" ,,,,,,, sure makes life easy!!!!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

:lol:
Last edited by sproulman on Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

Possum wrote:
Boo wrote:
I've been married to the same woman for just over 27 years, and she knew dang well what she was getting when she married me. I don't ask permission, period, and she doesn't either.
Bcwn

Post by Bcwn »

This thread was written with the emphasis on seasonal maintenance not weather or not someone feels the need to write a paragraph on how they feel about communicating with their wife, or not. Boo simply made a light hearted comment. Keep the thread on track, and if you have an issue with any of the members who do, or do not communicate with their wife about buying something feel free to PM them rather and eat up a thread about how you feel about it. For the record If I had to communicate with my wife about spending it wouldn't make me feel any less of a man. Communication is a basic human function folks.

Brad
Mad max 380
Stock string
Dr stirrup kit
Zombie slayers
Rage Hypodermic 100 gr
Leupold Crossbones
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Bcwn wrote:This thread was written with the emphasis on seasonal maintenance not weather or not someone feels the need to write a paragraph on how they feel about communicating with their wife, or not. Boo simply made a light hearted comment. Keep the thread on track, and if you have an issue with any of the members who do, or do not communicate with their wife about buying something feel free to PM them rather and eat up a thread about how you feel about it. For the record If I had to communicate with my wife about spending it wouldn't make me feel any less of a man. Communication is a basic human function folks.

Brad
Ok boss will delete.... :roll:
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

Bcwn wrote:This thread was written with the emphasis on seasonal maintenance not weather or not someone feels the need to write a paragraph on how they feel about communicating with their wife, or not. Boo simply made a light hearted comment. Keep the thread on track, and if you have an issue with any of the members who do, or do not communicate with their wife about buying something feel free to PM them rather and eat up a thread about how you feel about it. For the record If I had to communicate with my wife about spending it wouldn't make me feel any less of a man. Communication is a basic human function folks.

Brad
Did your wife put you up to bietching about others that don't need permission to do what they want as grown men ir did this just put a bur under your saddle knowing how some don't their wife to tell them they can have new equipment. Either way I understand I have a few buddies that have to go thru the same thing your experiencing,, with a little luck things will get better in time,, you'll probably even be able to get her permission for a new bow in a few,,, well if not you can always try the asking for forgiveness!! :wink:
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Lamo ..............! This is why im not on Facebook
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Trentco1

Post by Trentco1 »

Brad
Lol
In a way we are still taking about maintenance.
It's just a different kind. But we could start a new thread. Who's got the best wife;)
Micro 355
Hawke xb30 pro scope T&T Triger boo force 10 string Zombie slayers 16.5 arrows c/w right helical blazer vanes aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Micro 315
Tact zone scope force 10 string 16" inch executioner arrows aluminum nocks or lumenoks
Possum

Post by Possum »

Didn't mean to cause strife by commenting on my wife but I have a great appreciation for mine as she is my 3rd. My first two actually destroyed or sold some of my things to retaliate for not asking thier permission.
As for maintenance... I tend to be obsessive about maintaining everthing thing including my crossbows. All fasteners on my crossbows were removed when I first bought them and reinstalled with blue loctite. Brace height is checked and adjusted religiously, fasteners checked, serving, strings, rails, limbs, trigger, scope, adf, arrows, fletching, nocks & inserts. I shoot my crossbows several time per week but I do the same even with my old vertical bows that I can no longer shoot due to some old injuries. I try to maintain everything that I have while I'm in this world as though it's going to have to last the rest of my life, "INCLUDING MY WIFE"
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Php 4:13