Stock string vs custom flemish???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Arrowflinger

Stock string vs custom flemish???

Post by Arrowflinger »

I've noticed many of the members on this forum choose to use custom Flemish strings made by several of the string makers also on this forum instead of for say in my case the 1992 matrix string for my 350 LE. Would some of y'all explain to me why y'all like the custom Flemish strings so much , what are the effects on the bow (speed, longevity,etc. ) Been thinking about trying them out just wanted some feedback . Thanks in advance.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
georgiaboy

Re: Stock string vs custom flemish???

Post by georgiaboy »

Depending on the string material you may pick up a few fps...also they don't stretch as much. My factory string that came with my 350LE is actually faster by 3fps than my Flemish strings.
The speed difference changing strings is more noticeable to me in the old Exo series bows than the Matrix. :?
Also they come in cool colors :D like red & black....
Goooooo Dawgs!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Flemish is the way to go, and there are several good string makers here, and Danny Miller makes them for all models as well. I think Vixenmaster is hard to beat for the price he asks, and his work is legendary! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
L. E. Carroll

Post by L. E. Carroll »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Dan ( xcaliber) my friend above who just gave Mike (Vixenmaster) another friend, such glowing and well deserved recognition :wink: failed to mention that he is another one of the "Great Custom String Makers" here on the forum who can also build you an exceptional Flemish String at an Unbeatable price..... :P Soooo, I figured I would mention it for him !!!

BTW, Dan's custom Black Eagle arrows are things of beauty also.

There are several great stringmakers here on the forum to choose from, but both these guys, I can personally highly recommend. :wink:

Gene
Camo Micro 355 w/ XB30 SR Pro & TT trigger
Camo Matrix 380 W/ XB 30SR Pro & a Boo trigger
Very Nice 98 Jeep Tj
Sweet old 73 Bronco ( 2nd Owner)
Scamp tralier
galamb

Post by galamb »

Back when I first started using Crossbows I went with a Flemish because it would give me "more speed".

In the years since I have abandoned trying to break the sound barrier with a bow - never going to happen.

I have likewise dumped the "lightest arrow possible", a heavy arrow is better for hunting - more forgiving in many ways.

But I have kept my custom Flemish strings - why?

Because I can get them in uber-cool colours. And since you sit in the stand for hours during a hunting season waiting for that "few seconds" required to actually take THE shot, it's nice to have something to help keep your mind occupied, and thinking "what other colours would look cool" helps pass some of the time :)
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Custom Flemish strings are Great! Diff materials to choose from n strand count to suit you. Lots of color choices n half dz of the best Custom String makers to be found here on this Forum. Oh yeah Custom Strings jus be Fantastic
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

I have tried strings from almost every string maker on this site and they all make exceptional strings. A few of the string makers here offer strings made from different material types depending on your style and taste. Some are faster, while some may be a little slower but offer a smoother feeling shot. :wink:
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I like Flemish strings because they have more strands in the loops. To me that makes them stronger. A heavier string will quite the bow some. Most times that means more strands, but not all materials are the same diameter so it can be mis-leading a bit. But heavier....whether it be arrow or string.....will quiet the bow a little bit. And any stringmakers on here will customize colors and strand count to your liking. Some use the same material Excalibur uses (D97) others use other materials. No matter who you choose you will get a good string. But it should be said that there is absolutely nothing wrong with your stock strings either.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Stock strings are fine if you twist them right way... :lol:

They are noiser to me ..I like colors of strings like mikes in more of camo color with some other color in it like camo brown added .bright colors not for me ...i have 100 shots on my flem string 36 angel from vixen and it looks fine ..I do feel polishing the claws made a big difference and taking lube off the rail was big plus too shooting it dry ....
Rather-B-Huntin

Post by Rather-B-Huntin »

I like Flemish because of the ability to customize the string color to my bow/set-up, and they are just plain quieter than factory. The tag ends of the Flemish strings also fray out over time adding a "cat whisker" like addition for further sound/vibration suppression. Haven't noticed any appreciable difference in velocity, but when the price is about the same either way, I'll take the cool factor and practicality of the Flemish any day.
THE HUNTER'S ZONE
Best Deals on Excalibur Crossbows and Accessories in the Eastern USA!!! Check us out on Facebook!