We're in!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JUSTANUFF

Re: We're in!

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Happy for ya Dan on your new adventure! Hope to see some trophy pictures! :D
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I blew the picture up i can see a 201 inch giant in velvet definately non typical bedded down in the bottom woods.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

longbow joe wrote:Looks like some big farm country deer .is there a tunnel under the highway or does it divide? I got my giant 9 pointer a few years ago 100 yards from rush hour I-95 traffic highways dont scare me none.
No tunnel Joe. Unfortunately the landowner was not home, if it was the landowner's house we went up to! :lol: This is the first time I have gone through Basecamp so I have to wait for the official paperwork, and hopefully get the contact information. There are some parking issues I have to work out still, but I'm really liking the layout. Access into the woods is good for all 5 tracts.
Thanks for the kind words folks.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

longbow joe wrote:I blew the picture up i can see a 201 inch giant in velvet definately non typical bedded down in the bottom woods.
That was supposed to be top secret Joe! :lol: :lol:
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

my buddy joe l inventor of WARMBAG invited me out for hunt years ago but i was working now retired i have time ...
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Check is going UPS this afternoon! :D
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Unbelievable day today kids, just at the right time too! This may not go anywhere, but my toes, fingers, and eyes are crossed. I called the owner listed our lease, and it is a corporation that buys land, lease farms it, and sells off after the area is nearly developed completely for the maximum profit. The young lady i spoke with was a fluke, she got confused by my email, and asked me to call her, so i did. Turns out that they don't list all of the properties with hunting lease companies like the one I went through. She gave me a tip on how to find their properties, and how to look them over on line. She said pick a few, and email her, I found four in urban zones that are small farms, and emailed her this evening. While talking, i told her that the two of us prefer bow hunting, and that was a great thing she said, opens up a lot more opportunities. I'm beyond lucky today I feel, going to pick up a few lottery tickets! :wink:
Hitting the dirt this weekend on the lease, hopefully get some parking permissions, and entry, exit strategies worked out without too much disturbance. 8)
bubba

Post by bubba »

Good luck on the new hunting land.. Looks great.
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
sproulman

Post by sproulman »

Very nice...I guess I am lucky to have hunting 10 minutes from home on publicland...In my yard I have 5 bucks but that is not hunting ...Have 2 bear in yard 1 around 250 other 450 or so...

But Buck hunting is getting harder on publicland do to all doe killing last 15 years .I used to see 40 deer a day now 4 if you are lucky ....I have miles of land to myself but hunting is hard you have to do your homework ..I think at 62 I am about oldest in my area of pa wilds that is in woods in my summit most ride roads over 60 I still sit in tree for 11 hrs and walk out mile or so ..

Lease is different from what I have ever done I have friends that go to IOWA and hunt lease and some in OHIO Joe Light inventor of Warmbag a good friend hunts on lease and has invited me out years ago..

I bet you are excited keep us updated on good/bad of lease..
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Well, the list I sent her is not available, soo, now I'm two counties over, and have sent her a list of 8 more properties. Hoping for something from this group, or it just is too far for an after work hunt.
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

Hope all works well for you Dan!!! Lost my lease this year, I will be hitting up a few farms near by in hopes they will let someone bowhunt.
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Good luck Vic, so far this has not panned out. I did get the number for a guy that has several of these small farms leased, so who knows.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Got out on the lease early this morning to check out 3 of the 5 wood lots. We wanted to hit all 5 but two were not accessible, I have some work to do! :roll: We did check out a great parking access that is on our lease, so that worked out well, and we have one issue regarding a fence / parking for two sections, but one was accessed and scouted today, and we got a couple trail cams up too. I snapped a few pics start developing my entry / exit strategies. We cleared some paths in & out for two sections as well. It does show some deer activity which is always good, so I'm hoping it pays off. I do wish we were closer as time is the always a consideration when making plans, but I think I locked up a good spot for a fair price. There is my truck .4 miles away.

[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... e.jpg.html]Image

Some good tracks on the field edge.
[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... x.jpg.html]Image

A well worn trail off a field into the woods.
[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... i.jpg.html]Image

Another on the other side of the woods.
[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... f.jpg.html]Image
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Y'all ought to do very well wid those beans in the field. Yes sir set couple stands or blinds off those trail 100 yds back in n those deer be stagin in yer area :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Looks like a great spot!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string